Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, a good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

Dear Future Self

PROMPT: Dear Me

5
4/3/2020

Dear Future Self,

I remember writing that phrase a lot in my journals from 8th grade. Funny, I'm feeling nostalgic writing a letter that will be completely nostalgic when I read it in this in the future.
Anyway, when you (me) read the year that this was written, you're probably going to think about Covid-19. The shallow thing is that I'm not thinking about that right now. I'm thinking about *person*. I know I shouldn't be. Depending on when you read this, you might be with someone else. But I can't help it. I've written over 100 poems about him, and it doesn't look like I'll be stopping anytime soon. I hope that he is still friends with me when you read this.
The reason I'm saying "you" instead of "I" is because I know I'll be so different in the future. Right now I'm listening to "The Man I Wanna Be" by Jake Scott (who you should rediscover ASAP), and it's making me hope that I understand a little more about life in the future. I want you to be able to look back at me and wish I'd known what you know.
My favorite musical artists I listen to are Sara Bareilles, Alec Benjamin, Ben Platt, Jake Scott, Kelsea Ballerini, Antonio Cipriano, and my friend Brooke Morgado. I wonder how many of those names you remember. I hope you're still friendly with Brooke and that she is chasing her dreams.
It's Mom's birthday, but I guess you know that from the date on this letter. We made her a really sweet card, and she loved it.
I'm in tenth grade by the way. That must bring on a whole bout of memories. I got a mystery disease in the fall, right as my first job at Bishop's Pumpkin Farm was ending, my first dog died (remember how her name was spelled Holley instead of Holly?), Mom fought and beat cancer, Elijah and I became much better friends (and some drama happened there), I found out I'm sensitive to every food on the planet, I started working out, and the mystery disease came back in a slightly different way (in March). And I fell for *person* again (in August), but I already talked about that.
Anyway, how are you? I'm guessing you've figured out your career by now. Maybe you could time travel and tell me so I can stop stressing out. And also tell me if this sickness makes me fail tenth grade since my foggy brain won't let me do homework. Except I might not want to know the answer to that. Oh well.

Well, I can't think of anything else to say. Besides the fact that I'm such a theatre kid, but that's kind of a given.

Your past self,

Anne Blackwood

• Tushar Mandhan

Hi! I just stopped by to tell you that you have a very beautiful voice. I listened to the song on youtube, at moments I was confused if it was Idina Menzel herself singing it. Sorry I'm not good at complimenting but.....it's surreal.
    It's third May here so happy birthday to your mum.....(I know I'm a month late :p)
    Also don't you worry. I promise you that you won't fail, rather the mystery disease would. <3