GROUP:

In This Together

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

All writing published for Superhero of 2020

Published writing

Owie (Nigeria) published:

WHAT ABOUT HEROS?

PROMPT: Superhero of 2020  | GROUP: In This Together

Owie (Nigeria) published:

WHAT ABOUT HEROS?

Seeking Peer Reviews

Owie (Nigeria) published:

WHAT ABOUT HEROS?

A HERO?
what do we know a hero is? Someone that was born with the power or someone that receives power from an unknown cause. Each and everyone dreams of becoming a hero, does it mean we would become one?

I don't think the world needs a hero ( the ones with superpowers) because they end being killed or betrayed or they become threat to the society so no need for super heroes.

The kind of hero we need is...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Fauzee (Nigeria) published:

Who the world needs today

The World needs someone who is ready to stand against injustice, who is ready to say no to insecurity, no to racism. The more we keep silence the worst it becomes, the world we leave in today is not the world we can keep silent. To say no this we need to create awareness and take action. The world needs someone who is ready to fight for peace

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

~Aurora~ (Australia) published:

Hiraeth

The world does not need a hero.  
The world does not need more reason to fight. 
The world needs a friend, 
to hold its hand while facing everything thrown their way. 
The world does not need someone to solve its problems, 
it just needs a hug; 
it just needs someone to hold while everything falls apart. 

The world is not broken; 
its just alone. 

He's missing home. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Couldn'tThinkOfAName (United Kingdom) published:

A Hero

A hero.

What is that, exactly? One may imagine a tough, rugged figure donned in a spectacular show of garments, ready to pummel the faces of evil-doers in every nook and cranny of the city. People may also think of some vigilante covered in a veil of black leather and various punk-like attire, hands ready to throw street criminals a knuckle sandwich of justice. But why?

Why do we look up to the superheroes we see zooming past our TVs...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

A Hero

A hero.

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

poems4all (Canada) published:

Superhero of 2020

You. The world needs you. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

7

Emi (United States) published:

Spark

From the files of S.H.I.E.L.D.    

Alias: Spark
    Sex: Female
    Hair Color: strawberry blond
    Eye Color: blue
    Name: Classified [unknown]
    Location: Classified [unknown]
    Superpower: instant lifting of moods and spirits; feeling of joyful bliss pervades anyone within a thirty-six foot radius of Spark. Can actively promote sense of ambition, courage, and constant happiness. Productivity levels observed high in people whom she has been around. Dependence on government decreases.
    Alliances: Refuses to work...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Ruby_14 (United Kingdom) published:

The Loving Purpose.

The World, Disastrous and wicked. But blind and sorrowful. 
Receives  what it gets, but not what
it's hoping for.
A heart so Kind, and a Love so 
powerful. Not only does he Save, even Dark trys to hide from his Angelic presence. But To the world with there desires, He's nothing but a lost cause.
Little do they know he's the one 
who makes sure they awake, a voice so loving and calm, whispers so lightly in the ears, enough...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Ruby_14 (United Kingdom) published:

The Loving Purpose.

Receives  what it gets, but not what
it's hoping for.
A heart so Kind, and a Love so 
Little do they know he's the one 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Not_a_tear_just_a_raindrop (United States) published:

The Holy Angel (introduction)

when I think of the prompt superhero of 2020, I think of an Angel.Of course you might think of something completely different; but for me, its a angel. You might think, "how is an angel a super hero?" well with this story I will tell you.

...

4

LadyBug... (United States) published:

Mask Man

Who makes his rounds throughout every grocery store? 
    Who scouts out for CDC guideline breakers?
    It's Mask Man!

Who wears a long cape with a mask emblem on it?
    Who wears a mask over his mouth, not his eyes?
    It's Mask Man!

Who supplies the poorest with Covid face attire?
    Who escorts people out when they refuse to wear a mask?
    It's...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

bookmagic (United States) published:

Mystery Hero

Hi, my name is Marissa and boy do I have a story for you:
        I saw the mysterious woman on the rooftops. She was not wearing a traditional costume, just a mask with two holes for her radiant, violet eyes. 
    She was floating in a strange position with her eyes closed. I was too amazed to think about it. She was facing a large building where I saw people bustling about. Looking in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

j.latimer (United States) published:

A True Hero

We don't need a superhero; we need you. 

Loyal. Someone who knows uncertainty and yet, when the moment comes, can provide certainty to others.  

Brave. Someone who can take a leap for others, not knowing what's at the bottom. 

Strong. Someone who carries the weight of the world on their shoulders and still wear a smile.  

Kind. Someone like you. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Totally Fish Tacos (United States) published:

The Unstoppable Vaccine

She stands at the edge of the building, scanning the streets for criminal activity, and mayhem. Her name is Helena Johnson, but her superhero name is Vaccine. She is a science genius, and has fantastic physical strength, and dexterity. After her best friend died during a robbery in the seventh grade, Helena pledged herself to fighting crime.
    She developed an array of gas bombs, poisons, healing concoctions, and assorted toxins. She spent extra time in the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

BizzleWrites (Australia) published:

A bit of hope

I saw over the suburb. A bird chirps and doges out of the way. 
    "Hey look! It's hope!" A tiny kid screams, pointing up at me.
    "Hey kid! Have a chocolate bar," I say pulling a chocolate out of my bag and tossing it to her. "I know it can be hard," I land crouching in a tree, "But, we'll get through this together."
    The eucalyptus branch I'm on leans precariously to the side,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Owl480 (United States) published:

Healer Hope

Healer Hope.
    She never felt like a very useful hero. All the other heroes had super strength, speed, the ability to fly, amazing powers. She had the ability to heal souls, not bodies. She couldn't save people from a burning building or single-handedly prevent the end of the world. She could just spread joy, hope, and healing to people. But in 2020, the other superheroes turned to her. They couldn't kill a disease with super strength or lightning speed. They...

Owl480 (United States) published:

Healer Hope

Healer Hope

1

iamanna (Belgium) published:

we're on a rollercoaster that's only goin' up, my friend

The world doesn't need some superhuman, flying, fancy dressed hero. No. The world needs us. And we need us. Do you want to know why? Because we already are superheroes.
Look at how well we handled this, look at us. A few months ago we were silly, young people. As silly and young as we needed to be.
3 months ago, I was dancing at sleepovers, drinking coffee at 4 am to be sure not to miss any fun. I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

MimiChoudhury (India) published:

The SuperHero of 2020

The storm whirled past her as she alighted down the filthy alley, her dark blue robe swishing away all the dirt and filth that occupied the area. A translucent light raced out of the dark blue glove that was attached to her slim hands, and suddenly ,as  if by some strange mystic, hundreds of dried out pustule like objects started falling from the atmosphere like drops of rain.
A sapphire mask hid her scarred countenance which bore the reminisce of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

8

Ree Sethu (India) published:

We need it, so let's be it.

Once I saw a quote on the cover of a notebook I bought. It said,
"If you have the power to make someone happy, then do it. The world needs more of it."

I found the message very much moving and hence it was etched to my mind. And right now, when we are in the face of a cataclysm that threatens the economic stability of nations to the very existence of the human race, I believe that...

Seeking Peer Reviews