Ursa

Artist of movement, words, sound
Manipulator of motors, minds, morals

Ranting thoughts, structured chaos, loud silence.

Rainy Skyscraper

PROMPT: Unrelated

4

GROUP: Flash Fiction

It was pouring. And when I say pouring, I mean it was like Thor himself was taking buckets of water and emptying them over our heads. Walking on the sidewalk was dangerous, the puddles--no, rivers-- on the edge of the road were making ocean waves as the cars drove by, the gutters doing hardly anything at all.
    So, obviously, what myself and my two closest friends were doing on this cold, wet, miserable day, was walking on the sidewalk while we were blasted with dirty water and pounded with the contents of Thor's buckets. Not sitting inside, playing monopoly and drinking hot cocoa. Which is what I wanted to do.
    My sneakers squished like soaked sponges as I jogged to keep up.
    "Are we turning up here?" Collen shouted over the rain and cars.
    "Yes! Wait, no!" Chris squinted at his wet paper map. "I think it's the next one!"
    "Jesus christ, you don't know where we are?" I shouted at him.
    "You try to read it," Chris yelled, pushing the map into my face. "The ink is starting to run!"
    "Then why on earth didn't you use Google?!" A truck drove by, dowsing us in another wave of cold water.
    "Because Google is spying on us!" Chris gestured angrily. "We're going here!"
    We turned down a different block, and ahead of us I saw a skyscraper sitting beside the other large buildings.
    "Is that it?" I shouted.
    "Yep!" Collen started jogging, and Chris and I hurried after him, water splashing up our legs on every step.
    The doors to the skyscraper were large and glass, and became smeared with water marks as we entered the blessed quiet of the lobby.
    I pulled the hood down on my raincoat. "I'm freezing, Collen, there better be a fire here."

1

• Ursa

Thank you :D

• Christy Wisdom

I love how Chris be like "BECAUSE GOOGLE IS SPYING ON US!" That dash of humor was great, and really added to the story :) Very fun.

• Ursa

;D

• Kahasai

Well, that was fun to read. I like the Thor metaphor you continued using (though got confused when he swore on Jebus instead). There's a lot of action going on, mostly because of the water. XD Great work!