Onion

Onion3102

I drink way too much tea (with three sugars might I add), I like hugs a lot & thesaurus.com happens to be my best friend. It almost seems like the older I get, the more introverted I get.

god bless instant noodles

a stray noodle

GROUP: Flash Fiction

Though his kitchenette small, he started his show at exactly five past eight every night. With the orchestra set and in tune, he held his spatula high- the mighty beginning somewhat of a resemblance of Simon Rattle. And with a swift movement of his hand, the show unravels before the small but enthralled audience. 

Swaying from the electric kettle to the stove, a spark is all that is needed to illuminate the stage. He drifts from cupboard to drawer, slicing packets and pouring spices. As a crescendo arises from the kettle, he leans gracefully to pour the boiling water in the pot. It's when he starts to swirl the pot in perfect circular motions that the audience becomes mesmerised with the bubbling melody that take charge of the act- the simple movement almost hypnotising to its viewers. 

The final conclusion of the symphony proves to be grand with the clinks of a ceramic bowl and cutlery chiming in with a diminishing sound of the bubbling pot. As he bows down to pour his instant noodles into the bowl, he catches a glimpse of his observing cat, now clearly aware of the stray noodle that lay not too far away.

• January 13, 2019 - 8:46am (Now Viewing)

• Johanna

This is wonderful!! Puts a smile on my face.

• The Bubbling Pen

my friends and I all have unhealthy obsessions with instant noodles *dramatically sighs* ah well... I love your approach to making instant noodles - I can definitely hear Handel's Hallelujah playing in the background :DDD
    Just reading your bio... I LOVE THESAURUS.COM!! haha awesome work <3