Alicat

I am just a young writer hoping to make a difference in the world I live in.

I'm a nerd :)
Animal Lover
Bookworm
Photographer
Musicophile

I have so many ideas and nowhere to start.

Hey! This story could've been better if I could have more than 200 words. Thoughts?

The Lost Ladybug

PROMPT: Lost and Found

1

GROUP: Flash Fiction

In my owner's imagination, I could do anything, like fight invisible dragons in the backyard. I still remember the day I got lost. Her mom told her to come inside, so she shoved me in her pocket as she skipped toward the house. The ride was so bumpy, soon I felt myself flying out and landing on the hard ground, as she disappeared into the house, oblivious. I thought she'd be back for me, but I never expected the beast would come out of the house before her, miles of fur covering her muscular body, her teeth razor sharp. 
    I know it was cowardly, but I didn't want to get eaten. I ran, slipping out of the backyard into the vast meadow beyond. I was so paranoid that the beast was storming after me I didn't stop until I too exhausted to move another inch. There I stayed for a while, until fate swept me on my way.
    Horrible, unspeakable adventures followed me, but I eventually made my way back. She was older, at least three years, and outgrew me soon after, but I was home. I'm still with her today, safe, in case she wants to play again someday.

• Johanna

This is such a cute story... you've already done really well with 200 words!