Dmoral13

mixed
bilingual(ish)
attempting to be valedictorian
constantly stressed
likes- really long titles (especially to prose pieces)
currently reading- a separate piece by j. knowles

I tried really hard to make it both a comedy and tragedy so if I did bad please. TEAR IT APART so I can fix it

Tragicomedy: Wedding Cake (Revised)

GROUP: Flash Fiction

As I ran my finger's down his tombstone, I watched the cake smear all over. It was the same tradition we promised to do every year on our wedding anniversary, only this time, I was the one who had to fulfill it. Slowly, I allowed the memories to creep in, knowing too much too fast would ruin me. I could barely manage now, I didn't need the devil to join the hell I was in.
    "Don't you dare!" I laugh.
    "I'm not doing anything," He mocked innocently, using his hand as a spoon. Then, before I could protest, white wedding cake smashed into my face. Quickly, I grabbed some cake of my own, and shoved it into his face.
    "See! You love it!" He yelled over the music and loud cheers.
    "If only it was like this every year," I say jokingly, yet something in his eyes made me know that he had a plan. A plan he knew would make me happy and remember this day even more than I would already.

Shaking the thought away, I took the unsmashed slice of cake from the container, and set the paper plate on top of the grave. Standing up, I blew one last good bye kiss until next year, toward the very name I took sixty two years ago. The very name I pledged my undying love for, and still to this day remained faithful to. For no other man could have the magic we shared years ago.
    And it was as I walked away, did I hear the soft sound of foot steps. Turning around, I watched as a middle aged men, in ugly torn clothes, took the cake in his grubby hands.
"Oh Earth!" He shouted, looking up. "Another one this year! God himself loves me!"
Please tell me how I did! Positive or negitive!

• Kahasai

I didn't do this prompt because I'm terrible at comedy. But you did a fine job, I think.

One thing, you made a typo. You wrote, "a middle aged men" instead of "a middle aged man."

Good job!

• Riley Noel

What a beautiful and powerful story of love and commitment. Ad the ending just capped off my feelings:)

• Mary Wall

The ending is perfect! Great job!

• RNE

This was brilliantly written. I love the ingenuity.

• Juliana

I really liked this! It's very creative and flows nicely.