ancientvoices

I’m currently 13 and I love to read, write, imagine, draw, and do something challenging. I love hanging out with my friends too. I have pet rabbits and they are amazing pets(you should get one). I’m a cat person. I hope y’all like my writing!

Please comment on how I did! ^_^

First Day

PROMPT: Not Me

4

GROUP: Flash Fiction

I stared around the busy room with round, green eyes. I held on tightly to my momma’s hand. It was my first day of preschool and I was excited. Normally, I was a trouble maker around my home, stealing my big sister’s pencil or pulling my dog’s tail.
But I was here, in a huge school with no one to horse around with. Suddenly, as Momma walked me to the teacher to introduce me, I spotted my best friend, James. He gave me a giddy smile and I tugged on Momma’s hand to get to him. “Momma! Momma! Look, it’s James!”
Momma sighed and picked me up, a quick motion that swept me off my feet and into her arms. I scowled, wining, “Momma!”
She quietly apoligiezed to the teacher about my behavior. She quickly said goodbye to the teacher, who’s name was Mrs. White. She chuckled and said, “It’s quite alright!”
I glared at the adults and huffed, folding my arms and pouting. Momma said goodbye to the teacher and set me down at a table. “You be good, alright? I’ll be back in a few hours.” Then she kissed my forehead and walked away. I waved back. 

• ancientvoices

Lol do you like The Boyz?

• korra4life

Lol, same here!

• ancientvoices

Me and my sister listen to over fifty groups tho XD

• ancientvoices

I like exo too! My favorites would probs have to be SNSD, Twice and UNB

• korra4life

Right now, it's EXO but I'm waiting for them to come back this year... I listen to tons of groups but EXO is one of my originals.

• ancientvoices

Oh hi! Yeah she did say something about a user on WtW. I just forgot the username. I do like kpop tho! Who’s your favorite group?

• korra4life

Good job on this! I responded to this prompt but my main character was someone much older than I was. It's nice to see the perspective of someone younger to remind me of my pre-school days (I was a mess).
    I was actually brought here by your sister Made4Love. She said you like kpop and that I should check you out, so here I am.

• ~Kate T

Good job writing from the perspective of a young child. The only issue that stood out to me was when you wrote "suddenly." When you use the word suddenly, the event that happens next suddenly becomes much less sudden :) Other than that well done!

• Cololo231

Very relatable.

• pencils.and.paper.roses

I really like this piece! It perfectly encapsulates the first day of a preschooler's school career. :D