Jessica thingy knife copy 20151228 211745

Jacie XP

Hello pedestrians! Jacie XP here just being awesome like usual!
I'm a teen girl trapped by school (which is bleh).
I'm working on a story called Return, but I'm often distracted by other projects.

Yep, another piece. It's literally just another excuse to not do my homework. Let me know what you think!

Nice To See You Again

GROUP: Flash Fiction

I pull my car into the driveway of the little white house at 876 Maple Lane. Slowly, like I'm trying to delay something, I remove my key from the ignition. The engine of my Honda Civic sputters out. I step out of the little, blue car and slam the door. Short, green hedges lined the walkway up to the house’s porch. I walk down it, my heels clicking loudly against the brown cobblestones. Scampering up the porch, I stand on the welcome mat and ring the doorbell. A dog starts barking. The door is thrown open.
    She stands in the doorway looking at me with a shocked expression.
    Her familiar blonde curls are pulled back in a ponytail and her blue eyes question my visit. In that moment, I missed her more than I did all those months we were apart. Foregoing the handshake, I crush her in a tight hug. She hugs me back quickly but then pulls away.
    “Jess, where have you been? You said you’d visit a month ago!” she scolded.
    “Sorry, Tay. I got busy,” I apologize.
    “You’re always busy.”
    I just shrug and smile. She smiled back. I had really missed Taylor. We hadn’t seen each other since her wedding five months ago. I would have visited sooner, but work always kept me busy.
    Suddenly, I’m practically taken down by a large, wet dog. He barks and licks my face, crushing me against a wall. Taylor pulls him off of me, laughing. I spit a piece of dog hair out of my mouth, frowning.
    “What the hell is that abomination?” I asked, pulling myself to my feet.
    “That’s just Henry. Mitch and I adopted him three months ago,” Taylor answered.
    “You two need to get a smaller dog. Like a chihuahua maybe,” I complained, picking dog hair off of my favorite sweatshirt.
    Taylor laughed. “Why don’t I show you around the house and have you be my guest at dinner tonight?”
    “I’d like that very much, as long as you promise not to try to cook,” I said.
    Taylor smirked. “We’ll see, Jess. We’ll see.”

1