Jessica thingy knife copy 20151228 211745

Jacie XP

Hello pedestrians! Jacie XP here just being awesome like usual!
I'm a teen girl trapped by school (which is bleh).
I'm working on a story called Return, but I'm often distracted by other projects.

I actually had no clue what rotini was before writing this. My suggestion is that you go eat some.

Rotini

GROUP: Flash Fiction

Water in a pot boils. Water bubbles and bursts with heat. I dump in an entire box of rotini pasta and stir the hard noodles around. They swirl around in the hot water, bringing back fond memories from when I was child. My grandmother used to always make rotini noodles for me whenever I stayed with her. She always covered them in homemade sauce and sprinkled them with freshly grated parmesan. I think she even mixed some basil leaves from her garden in for extra flavor.
    Whatever she did, it was impossible for me to replicate. Her pasta would always be better than mine. It didn’t bother me. Good pasta was a gift that I didn’t have. I was good at other things.
    The timer for my noodles goes off. I drain them and scoop some out onto a plate. Spaghetti sauce fresh from the bottle gets poured over the tiny Italian delicacies. My only block of parmesan has little blue spot on it. I used it anyway. A spoon goes into the bowl and mixes everything together. Sticking a spoonful in my mouth, I wish that I had some basil to put in.
    I cringe at the taste. The pasta is undercooked and chewy. The sauce is cold and chunky. The cheese is moldy. Sighing, I scrape the rest of my failure at lunch into the trash. My phone rings. I answer it and immediately hear my grandma’s voice.
    Just what I needed after my thousandth rotini fail.