Jessica thingy knife copy 20151228 211745

Jacie XP

Hello pedestrians! Jacie XP here just being awesome like usual!
I'm a teen girl trapped by school (which is bleh).
I'm working on a story called Return, but I'm often distracted by other projects.

This was completely improvised. Is it any good?

How do we know to die?

GROUP: Flash Fiction

The crowd roars. The band plays. The guns fire. Panic. Mass panic breaks out. Screams fill the air. Blood runs down bodies. People fall to the ground with a thump. They are dead. Their eyes glaze over. A bomb goes off. Dirt flies. People run. More panic. Does it end? No. More guns come. More people fall. Kids scream. Cars swerve away. People run. Panic.
    My mom is dead at my feet. How could they snuff out so many lives? I run. Then I hear a loud bang. Fire is in my back. I cry out, but there is no one. I hit the ground with my face. Will I die? Am I dead? Does it still hurt when you're gone? I suck in a breath. I've been shot
    I've been shot.
    I puke all over a dead man. Why me? Why shoot me? Why shoot at all? What's the point? To see the blood spill? No. They can't have me. My mom is gone, but I am still on Earth. She can't help, but I can. Can I stop them? Stop the guns? And the men? I doubt it. Can I run? If I make it out, will it help anything? Why does God let them kill us? What if he wants them too? Am I going to Hell? No. I have done nothing. With God? Will I go with him? Is that what he wants? Us to join him? Yes. There is no other thing.
    I stand. People run past me. A man with a gun spots me. He fires. I fall. My eyes glaze over. I am gone. But where are the gates? Where is God? What is this? Fire is all I see. A loud laugh.
    It was a trick.
    And I fell for it.
    Hell is the only thing for me now.