hic2788

theresafrance

Writing is all I can do to keep from going insane. I still haven't figured the universe out but I'm trying one word at a time.
https://www.wattpad.com/user/Theresa_of_France

“Creativity is intelligence having fun.” -Albert Einstein

Walking Down the Aisle

PROMPT: Not Me

10

GROUP: Flash Fiction

The metro was full today. Every breath I took felt like it had been filtered through the lungs of twenty or more people by the time it got to me. As I walked people seemed to make way for me when they wouldn't for anybody else; running into an old woman one second and then the next stepping aside to let me through. They must have seen my dress and the look on my face, and known that I was late to something essentially important. I would have laughed if it had been any other day, instead I sat on the train and tried not to think of anything.
    The front of the church stood proudly. It showed no remembrance at the sight of me. Why should it? It saw so many people, so many lives that had changed forever, either for the more joyful or for the more sorrowful, I wasn't special. It was just same as the first time I had seen it, but with lilies surrounding the door instead of roses. I tried to steady my breathing before I entered the chapel. This was the second time I had walked down the aisle with all my friends and family staring at me from the seats, but now their eyes were full of mourning and pity. Again I walked toward my husband, but my dress had changed from white to black. Last time I had been walking toward the rest of my life spent with him, now; however, I was walking toward the rest of my life spent without him.

• clarino910

oh

oh

oh my gosh

that was not okay
    i am not okay
    who said you were allowed to do that
    currently crying
    thanks

• Kaitlyn ❄

MY
    HEART
    JUST
    DIED

• Brii_the_Blu_Bird

Brb currently crying

• AbigailSauble

Superb! :)

• Dani A. Remlap

Oh. My. God.
    You just broke my freaking heart.
    This is amazing.
    Please, please keep writing.