Received 1818677971734315

Bailee

You may be wondering what makes me different from you or the person in the corner? Well not a lot really, I write on here, on Wattpad, and singing is my life. I'm striving to one day perform on Broadway... hopefully. I honestly just love feedback!

Hey everyone! I would really appreciate some constructive criticism. I struggle a lot with grammar. I would love to gain feedback about how I could improve this... thanks! From a girl you don't know!

Olio

GROUP: Flash Fiction

Bright and gleaming, blinding the flood of eager viewers. Harmonised words emerged from the crowed of people behind the blinding brightness. Centre, no turning back, I took in a deep breathe. Perfectly in tune I felt a sting of relief peirce through my heart, pulsating at the exhilirating atmosphere. The excitement of people behind me joined in through chorus. We moved our hands and feet in time with the sounds of what we could all communicate with. No words, occasional eye contact, we all just knew how each other felt. 

My amplification, stuck to my forehead, the power of it strapped around my waist under my flowing dress. Elaborate makeup dotted the stage as we moved in sync, enjoying every moment. Smiles could be barely seen at the front row. The light continuing to make it impossible to make any form of human life visible beyond our world. We sung each note as if it were our last. We flet it in our hearts, in our heads and through our bodies. The flow pure happiness shined brighter than the blinding lights. 

I felt at home that very moement, nothing could stop the feeling. The climax felt like it had already started, but for the flood of people it was appraoching. We floated across the stage, my heart beating in time. People ran on and off stage. Harmonies continued to shine out of our mouths.

The big ending was approahcing of our first song. We were all hopeless amatures with big dreams, but we didn't care, we felt like we were everything. We felt like for once the world was on our side. We could be us without really being us. No more names scribbled on foreheads only to end up being nothing to anyone. Our talents could be used not wasted like last weeks lunch. It was our chance to be... us. 

Suddenly I I punched my fist in the air as my heart raced. The world was my oyster. Taking in the merciful glory for all of what I had was 5 seconds until I had to race off stage. Gliding off wing I raced down the steps, still unable to compute what just occured. I stripped down to my bike pants and bra, changing into my next dress. Multitasking seemed even to fit into the category of males on stage. While another talent zipped the back of my dress, I stained my lips with a memorable shade of red that was sure to stick until the next day. 

Flying out the door my fellow performers stepped a side as I slowly walked on stage, face to face with my counter partner. My insides wrenched as I realised how fast everything flowed, still I smiled and held my presence. The crowd of people seemed to have dissapeared at this point. It seemed to be just me, two chairs, a table and a handsome young man in a suit waiting before me. This show was my chance it was my wakening, my chance at greatness. My life. 
Definition: 
Theater
.
  1. a specialty act performed downstage while the upstage set is changed.
  2. a performance, as a musical number, presented between scenes or acts.
  3. drop scene 
  4. a program of variety acts, especially the second half of a minstrel show.