Dc32160947bae385fc9aa24b75c55fb7

triwxy

Hong Kong

Writing has always been one of my biggest hobbies and it's like the words come alive right at my fingertips. I hope that one day my stories will inspire others the way that some have already inspired me.

SoundCloud: triwxy
Wattpad: triwxy

"Don't write to sell, write to tell."

Fragments

PROMPT: All in a Minute

1

GROUP: Flash Fiction

The airport was filled with people all traveling to various parts of the world. Bulky luggages being lugged around, impatient children prancing all over the place and constant chattering everywhere. Sighing tiredly, I checked my watch. 2:59. Only a minute left until the boarding gates opened. Once I walked through those gates, I would never come back. My mind was made up. There was nothing left for me in this place. My family despised me and my friends could hardly look at me. A comforting hand squeezed my own, causing my messy thoughts to clear abruptly.
    "It'll be okay," he told me with a reassuring smile.
    I believed him. With that smile, he could say anything and it would still sound like the sweetest music to my ears.
    I gave him a small smile but it soon faded as I noticed the crease between his eyebrows.
    "What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.
    Cole was hardly ever worried about anything, even if he was going through rough patches in his life.
    "Please don't go."
    Those three words caused me to freeze and my mind went completely blank. It was as if a blanket of fog covered my brain, preventing me from thinking properly.
    "What?" I asked stupidly.
    He ran his hands through his hair as if talking was the hardest struggle for him.
    Seemingly forcing the words out, he said, "I don't think I could take it if you leave and never return. I could survive if you said you would visit sometime but you're not. You're leaving... For good."
    I blinked a few times, hoping that this was all in my head. But it wasn't. He was still there looking at me with a sad look in his eyes that I never noticed before.
    "I wanted to tell you earlier, but I thought shouldn't boyfriends support their girlfriends? And I do, I do support you but this means that I'll never see you again. So, I-I think it's best if we break things off. I want you to be able to move on completely without me tying you down."
    His face was pained and it looked as if it physically hurt him to say those words aloud. Everything felt so much more real when you said it out loud.
    It was like the wind was completely knocked out of me and I suddenly felt that there was too little oxygen in the room and too, too many voices. Three years and this was what everything had come down to. When people are heartbroken, they often say that their hearts break or split clean in half. My heart was different. I could sense it cracking piece by piece right in my chest. I knew that no matter how much I tried to put it back together, I would only be left with fragments and injured hands. 
    "All flights to California are boarding now. I repeat, all flights to California are boarding now."
    Forcing back the tears in my eyes, I looked down and hoped that my hair would create a barrier between the outside world and I. That the barrier would protect me from the poisonous pain and hurt seeping into my system. My eyes then caught sight of the time on my watch.
    3:00.

2