Peer Review by Suri Purefoy (United States of America)()

Rain

By: Dani Gomez

I looked up and saw the rain. Each drop hit the ground with a mad force, as if the rain and the earth were in a fight. Drop by drop, the streets filled up to the brim. All the drops joined on the ground, to form waves that crashed, not on the sand, but on my porch. I looked down, and saw the sea. The rain had stopped. The air was still. But as I stood in my house I watched waves go wild through the street. They drowned the grass, the plants, the weeds. They crept up the lawn, they gushed through the car. The waves knocked on the door, again and again. I stood there. The waves knocked on the door, again and again, and came in.

"The waves knocked on the door, again and again, and came in." Beautiful, gorgeous line! Full of emotion.

I didn't even realize that it was all in one syllable until I read this question! Your story is wonderfully compelling and I really got sucked into it, wanting to know more of what happened before and what was going to happen.

I wish I knew how to write out the sound of an awed whistle. Because that's what I would do for this magnificent piece of writing.
Beautifully written and a charming work of art! I was awed and deeply touched.
Truly exquisite! I hope to read more of your work soon!