Image

erinsheckard38

Annabel and Cash

PROMPT: 26 Sentences

0

GROUP: Flash Fiction

Annabel wasn't one for telling the truth. Be that as it may, she had a of habit of being painfully honest. Cash was drawn to her from the moment he first set eyes on her. Daring, painfully honest Annabel, quick to judge, and even quicker to say what she thought of you. Even so, this didn't push him away. Four days it took for her to really look upon him, to see him however she saw fit. Going by the look in her eyes when she gazed upon him told him that he was the only person she didn't find absolutely appalling.

"How do you do it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Just being around Cash confused Annabel. Knowing this, she looked deep inside herself for a way to better understand him, but he was perplexing to her. Looking at him was something she could never tire of, for there was always something different about his face, a new look, a new crease, ever changing. Many people had walked away from Annabel in her lifetime, it was nothing shocking, but when Cash stayed, it threw her for a loop. Never before had someone stuck so close for so long. Oh, how the mighty rose to triumph that day.

Parties were never Annabel's cup of tea because she always became the brunt of all the jokes, or the party trick, with all her thoughts. Quite the opposite that night, though. Rather than let that happen, she stood beside Cash on the outskirts of the dancing, the appalling people. Solo cup in hand, she looked up at him.

"Tell me something I don't know about you, Cash."

"Under what circumstances would you not know something about me, Annabel?"

"Very perplexing ones, Cash."

"Well then, I'm more content standing her with you than I would be out there on that dance floor with all of those disgusting people."

"Xeriscaping is the designing of residential and park land to minimize the need for water use, did you know, Cash?"

"You are something else, Annabel, and I find I would like to know more about you."

"Zealot."