Anha

dreaming of goddesses, sunflowers and italian sunshine.
yet, every heaven has a hell under its surface.

write free, SomeFormOfWriting
miss you, LackingASocialLife
go be great, paperbird

ha ha, yes i'm gay, we all get it. read my sapphic bullshit and weep cos you know you want it too.

if you enjoyed this piece, comment!! likes tell writers nothing without feedback

two girls talking on a tuesday afternoon

GROUP: Flash Fiction

"i dreamt of you last night."

"hmm?"

"it was the end of the world. it didn't look like it, but i felt it like a sinking feeling at the pit of my stomach, and a sour taste in my mouth."

"i don't think i've ever tasted things in dreams."

"i think it depends on the bounds of your imagination. or tactile memory. like when you see things in dreams, they're never defined. they're fuzzy around the edges, like an old tv screen."

"hmm."

"..."

"what happened in your dream?"

"well, it was the end of the world. you were with me, and only i knew that we'd have one last day together before...whatever it was that was comings, armageddon, apocalypse, i don't know. it didn't show me. but you were there and we were together and that's all i really wanted. we went places, but that's the blurry part, we went everywhere and nowhere and now that my vision's sharp again, i can't remember."

"we probably went to your room to burn your math exam."

"oh my gOD DON'T REMIND ME."

"or to the park to have one last picnic. or the lourve, to be criminals for a day. or to a church, to get married."

"pff, a church? that's so orthodox. we're a progressive couple, babe, gotta be forward."

"please compare getting married at a chapel to getting married at hillsong again, it's completely different-"

"they're both christian! your pastor might as well be justin bieber!"

"one more comment and i'm breaking up with you."

"..."

"..."

"have i ever told you how pretty your eyes are- hey, don't close them!"

"no."

"then what about your hair."

"yes."

"what about your freckles."

"yes."

"ever told you how much i love you?"

"tell me again."

• August 8, 2019 - 6:56am (Now Viewing)

• loveletterstosappho

...g a y

aaaaahhh i love this. the way you describe the dream— “we went everywhere and nowhere and now that my vision’s sharp again, and i can’t remember.” also, i envy your dialogue.

• ajamwal ꒰•̹͡ິु•ິू꒱

the last line is FABULOUS!!

• Jae

this is soo cute
    :DDDD
    i freaking love it. wish someone said that to me, it's so heartfelt, and i just really like it.
    :D

• fatpanda

the last line i'm crying

• Tola the Human

your dialogue is very controlled and realistic- its definitely a good sign when i catch myself mumbling aloud certain phrases ("oh my gOD DON'T REMIND ME." for one) maybe when the second girl talks about her dream you could break it up with some description of them or the scene or a little bit of movement which would also help to supply more weight to what is a very serious monologue.
    Lastly "bounds of imagination" ... do you perhaps mean boundaries of imagination? maybe its a typo or maybe I just don't get it- equally possible!
    anyway compliments again on a powerful peace
    West Cork, Ireland