Alicat

I am just a young writer hoping to make a difference in the world I live in.

I'm a nerd :)
Animal Lover
Bookworm
Photographer
Musicophile

I have so many ideas and nowhere to start.

I like this story, I think I will definitely make it into a real story, instead of the 500 word summary that it is.
What do you think of the story? Too much action? Too predictable? Tell me what you think!

Plot Twist Fit for a Prince

PROMPT: Plot Twist

2

GROUP: Flash Fiction

As the deep cave came into view, I smiled in relief. I've found it! According to my father, king of the land, my long lost sister resided here. The queen, my mother, sent me to find her, a person I never knew existed. 
    "Caleb, find her. But hurry home! You'll miss the birth date if you aren't careful," my mother had told me, rubbing her swollen stomach. The queen was to have another son, and she demanded that her entire family be there. Including members that she hadn't laid eyes on for more than seventeen years, apparently.
    Snapping out of my reverie, I saw an ugly woman hobbling toward the cave. Her shriveled skin was covered in warts and caked with dirt, and she walked with a heavy limp, struggling to carry something.
    "Excuse me," I said, trying to hide the disgust in my voice. "Do you need some help carrying your...um...what is that exactly?" She turned around slowly to face me and smiled, showing me her chipped and yellowing teeth. What she held in her hands was now clear as day; a dead girl, soaked in thick red blood. Afraid for my life, I pulled out my bow and arrow and shot her in the head, killing her instantly.
    I ran to the girl, afraid that it was my sister, but who I saw was even worse; it was a peasant that I had fallen desperately in love with.
    I heard ominous laughter coming from inside the cave. Wiping my eyes, I entered to find a dragon lurking inside, surrounded by thousands of bones. I unsheathed my sword.
    "Where is my sister, foul beast?" I demanded. The dragon just shook its head and laughed again.
    "Silly prince," it bellowed. "You won't find her among the dead bodies in my cave, if that is your real question. In fact, I rather liked your sister. No, I didn't kill her, but you did." It laughed again, and pointed one massive claw to the mouth of the cave.
    "You mean that old hag was my sister? I don't believe you," I raised my sword again, but the dragon just shook its head. 
    "What, you think that any of this is a coincidence? Your parents never mentioned a sister before, never tried to track her down. Her looks were an embarrassment to the family! The girl out there? You loved her, didn't you? I could see it in your eyes when you saw her. But she's a peasant, and you're a prince! Can't have that happen, can we? So the king came to me a couple days ago. Told me my next victim was going to be her. Works out for everyone. But they can't risk you falling in love with another lowlife, can they? There's an easy fix for that too, especially since there's another son on the way to be king."
    The last thing I saw was a hot ball of fire hurtling towards me, before my lights went out forever.

• Mary Wall

Whew... interesting.:)

• Johanna

Wow. That was a true plot twist.