Yosemite 6

Christy Wisdom

Hello people! What to say? I'm a Christian girl. I like to write. I write tons of poetry, some short stories, and other things.
I like
NARUTO
Imagine Dragons
LOTR
Harry Potter
Agents of SHIELD
Artemis Fowl
My Hero Academia
God bless you!

Had to fix some tense problems

Rope #plottwist

PROMPT: Plot Twist

5

GROUP: Flash Fiction

"No! Don't do it!" I shout, but to no avail. He's on the very edge, feet half over the side. "Derek!" That gets his attention. He stiffens, and turns slowly. 
    "Liz? What're you doing here?" He asks, the confusion and guilt spreading over his features.
    "I had to come home early. Now get down from there, right now!"
    "Why? Why should I? You're not going to help me, are you? Pff. I thought not." He snorts, then finishes tying the knot. I watch, stricken.
    "No. Please, don't do this to me."
    "Sorry, but I have to." He throws the rope around the neck, then...
    "Umm.. bro?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Why are you tying a rope around the neck of the cookie jar? What on earth do you think that will accomplish?" 
    "Simple. I can just pull it down from there. Now it won't matter that I'm too short to reach it. Those rope-tying lessons really payed off." He chuckles, and began pulling the jar closer to the edge.
    "Derek, stop it. Right now. It's going to fall on you and shatter!" The truth of my words dawns on him, and he freezes just in time. The jar's at the very edge, but he's safe. Phew.
    "Oh, yeah, I forgot about that." Then the front door opens.
    "Children, I'm ho-" She stops and glares. "WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

Oh dear.

1

• Dmoral13

Winners posted: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/107805/version/206854

• Christy Wisdom

Thanks for the advice, Abigail! Also Budding Mae, thanks so much!!! I'm sure you definitely have a chance, don't sell yourself short :D

• pencils.and.paper.roses

After reading this through again, I realize that I have absolutely no chance of winning this contest. XD This is a fantastic piece! If you win it will be well deserved. :)

• AbigailSauble

Okay, so the transition from the serious beginning to the now-we-know-it's-a-funny-situation is a little rough.
    But besides that, I like this a lot! =) I can see myself in the place of the brother. =P

• Christy Wisdom

Yeah... PLOT TWIST!!! Thanks!

• MimiChoudhury

U really got me at the edge of my sit....gee...I really thought that kid was going to kill himself !!!

• Christy Wisdom

Thanks so much :)

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Oh, that’s funny XD love this piece!

• Christy Wisdom

Thanks!

• Kthrasher5

Haha! That was cute! Definitely didn’t see that coming!