Yosemite 6

Christy Wisdom

Hello people! What to say? I'm a Christian girl. I like to write. I write tons of poetry, some short stories, and other things.
I like
NARUTO
Imagine Dragons
LOTR
Harry Potter
Agents of SHIELD
Artemis Fowl
My Hero Academia
God bless you!

There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow-creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort. - Jane Eyre

Not all those who wander are lost. - Lord of the Rings

I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now. -C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle

Things to know about me
1. I'm a Christian.
2. I'm Pro-life.
3. I do not put any swearing (oh my gosh included) into any of my stories.
4. I will not put any sex or nudity into my stories.
Thank you to all who have supported me, and feedback is always welcome!
Also, if you comment on a piece of mine, I will generally respond to it at some point.

Rope #plottwist

PROMPT: Plot Twist

3

GROUP: Flash Fiction

"No! Don't do it!" I shouted, but to no avail. He was on the very edge, feet half over the side. "Derek!" That gets his attention. He stiffens, and turns slowly. 
    "Liz? What're you doing here?" He asks, the confusion and guilt spreading over his features.
    "I had to come home early. Now get down from there, right now!"
    "Why? Why should I? You're not going to help me, are you? Pff. I thought not." He snorts, then finishes tying the knot. I watch, stricken.
    "No. Please, don't do this to me."
    "Sorry, but I have to." He throws the rope around the neck, then...
    "Umm.. bro?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Why are you tying a rope around the neck of the cookie jar? What on earth do you think that will accomplish?" 
    "Simple. I can just pull it down from there. Now it won't matter that I'm too short to reach it. Those rope-tying lessons really payed off." He chuckled, and began pulling the jar closer to the edge.
    "Derek, stop it. Right now. It's going to fall on you and shatter!" The truth of my words dawns on him, and he freezes just in time. The jar's at the very edge, but he's safe. Phew.
    "Oh, yeah, I forgot about that." Then the front door opened.
    "Children, I'm ho-" She stopped, and glared. "WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

Oh dear.

1

• Christy Wisdom

Thank you :))

• Opal Drop

That was really good. It was really comical and funny too, and wasn't done with tackiness. Good job!! Lol

• Christy Wisdom

Thanks! I'm glad it worked :D

• paperbird

this is really good. i actually thought you were publishing something really dark... forgot to look at the prompt xD

• paperbird

haha