GROUP:

Flash Fiction

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

Published Writing

Haley.varnum (Georgia)() published:

As the night falls

PROMPT: Choose Your Own Adventure  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

For the last four weeks, I sense weird noises, most times at night.
I thought I could dust them off, but now I can't dodge  them.

I try to turn the tv up,but the weeps still ooze through. A friend bless the house with sage, also to no help.

Last night, I saw it for the first time. It came to me with a fierce knife; I scream and run away from the house. I Came back to the house to find my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Haley.varnum (Georgia)() published:

As the night falls

I thought I could dust them off, but now I can't ignore them.

I try to turn the tv up,but the weeps still ooze through. A friend blesses the house with sage, also to no help.

Last night, I saw it for the first time. It came to me with a gory knife; I scream and ran away from the house. I Came back to the house...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

1

Marina.Torres (United States of America)() published:

HER.

PROMPT: Talking to "You"  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Your delicate. They could say one thing and you'll just fall apart. You show everyone that the world is beautiful, but your not sure if it actually is. What happens if you loose it all? But you still have a life so materialistic objects shouldn't matter. But that's all you have. Material objects, because lord knows you don't have a family or even friends to talk to... not anymore. You should pick your head up and smile,...

about 3 hours ago

Megan.deriso1 (Georgia)() published:

The Full Moon

For the last past 3 weeks I'll been feeling very weird ever since the full moon.
I don't like sleeping at night only during the day,
I always want something to drink but it never help,
And I don't like the light.

So I started think back to when it started happening.
It was the night of the full moon, I went camping with my family that night.
Once we got ready to sleep, it became very foggy outside.
But...

about 3 hours ago

1
1

luluwrites111 (United States of America)() published:

vinea matrem (mother earth's vines)

PROMPT: Cli-Fi  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Thunder clapped above, making even the sky shiver. Rain drummed on the roof of the house. Everyone was huddled in various hiding spots. A family of four took shelter under the dining room table, three teenagers crouched under a window, a man was somehow curled up in the fireplace, and another family had taken refuge under a bed. The house was filled with people, and the windows were blocked up so the sun couldn't sneak in. That is, if the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

the.greater.odyssey (United States of America)() published:

One Day It Will Be Dark

PROMPT: Cli-Fi  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

It is dark.
    So dark.
    Has a darkness like this ever been seen? If it has, no one has ever talking about it. No one has let it slip off their tongues; maybe they didn't even let themselves think about it.
    Maybe they never wanted to think about it.
    It is hard to breathe.
    It has always been hard to breathe. I cannot remember when it wasn't. Has there ever...

Seeking Peer Reviews

AnnaTypeWriter (Peru)() published:

ignite,

PROMPT: Cli-Fi  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Baylee found the rose coloured sky an ethereal, otherworldly experience that both amazed and terrified her - her pale hands shaking with their red glow, her breath coming in short, sharp gulps.

She watched in fascinated horror as families trudged through the sweltering sand, bringing their homes and memories all tucked in water coolers and broken down suitcases. Each wore masks covering their faces, t-shirts or cloths - anything to help along a process usually so easy.

She felt humbled,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Idkanymore (United States of America)() published:

Bigfoot Adventure!

A."Double dare you to do it" says your best friend Billy. 
You never have turned down a double dare before, and you don't plan to.
"How do I now you won't call me a liar when I come back"
"If you take a photo of the Bigfoot Rock with you holding 3 fingers in front of the camera you get my dessert until the end of the year!"
To take the dare go to paragraph B. To wuss out...
Seeking Peer Reviews

willdakill42069 (United States of America)() published:

Beyond the Birds

PROMPT: More than Birds  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Looking up from the golden fields of grain, a pigeon is in sight. This bird is in his inner peace. Randy has achieved his goal, Randy is calm. Randy is free.
    Randy has had a troubled past; he grew up on the streets of Connecticut, he was a hitchhiker with no where to go. One day on a chilly morning Randy met another bird named Melo. Randy didn't go to school as education as never an option for him so...

Oliviastevens (United States of America)() published:

A moment in time

PROMPT: Not Me  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

The sun was going down slowly setting into the distance. The cold breeze left a tingling feeling on every person it came in contact with. Gina an elderly lady who sat on the same bench everyday was use to the cold . She would always come and watch the sun set in the horizon and steadily witness the moon take over. The breeze begin to pick up as drops of water touched every surface but that didn't move Gina she...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Deiona C (United States of America)() published:

Life in WWII

PROMPT: Not Me  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

My name is Filipino and I have a story to tell.I attended world war ll war in 1937-1945 it was very hard to accomplish being safe but I managed to still be living. During the war many people died that day it was very sad. I was shot at which formed a very big scar on my leg I was told I wasn't going to make it but I'm living. Not being able to cover my scar has a very...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Hharris (United States of America)() published:

The crazy trail

As I was walking on a trail I seen blue sky and beautiful land field. When I continued walking on the trail I stubble up on a walking stick.The walking was talking to me and tell the history about this trail. He said if I continue walking I will come up on a bridge trolls under it . So I told the walking stick goodbye and I walked up on the bridge the walking stick was talking about .The bridge...

Seeking Peer Reviews

A moment in time

PROMPT: Not Me  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Alyssa.Carson (United States of America)() published:

The Dark

Tonight is a night like no other. You stand on your balcony looking down on the city you live in. You breathe in the crisp autumn air, happy to be where you are today. Just as you were going inside, something moving on the street catches your eyes. 'What is that', you think to yourself. After waiting a few moments to see if it comes back, you turn and head inside, locking the door behind you. 

You go to your...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Linwood (United States of America)() published:

Trouble Brewing in the North East.

Introduction
       You wake up to a steady sunbeam nearly forcing or eyes back shut. You stand up hitting your head on the cabin ceiling reminding you that this is your 5th day on the ocean searching for the fish that have unexpectedly disappeared from the harbor. As a Maine seafood supplier with luck you will be able to find and catch enough fish to feed have a nice seafood and to bring proof that you have found...

Seeking Peer Reviews

7
1

Dmoral13 (United States of America)() published:

Destiny is thrust into your hands, how do you wield it?

(disclaimer: when searching for the next part, it might be easy to control f, since there's a lot happening.)

I. Beginning
You never would've looked under the porch if you're bookmark hadn't been picked up by the wind.
Grunting, you set the yellow stained book beside you as you eye the direction the bookmark went. It was as you reached under the porch did you feel the cold metal, giving you goosebumps. Carefully, you pulled it out from under, hearing...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

You.

You're a god in mundane form, trapped by a mortal that envied your unbecoming ways. There was something about the way you carried yourself or spoke with such confidence that rubbed the mortal the wrong way. Perhaps it was the way you knew more than did or how you could write with more power than they ever imagined. Frankly, it must've been all of it. It's the fact you spoke to them so humbly that pushed them off the edge...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

themidnightone (Australia)() published:

Come Home

PROMPT: Beats and Pulses  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Wind and waves
Sun and sand
What can I do
To hold your hand

With each breath you take
Each sound you make
Is bliss to hear
I wish you were near

I miss your laugh
I miss your eyes
I wish you would come
I wish you would stay

Life will bring joy
Life will bring a low
Life stays sad
Life stays slow

With you, life is full
When you are not here, life is hard
With you...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Denisse Murillo (Mexico)() published:

Daydreaming

PROMPT: Not Me  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

My wrinkled fingertips glide slowly over the photograph. I try to inhale every little detail of the treasure lying in my hands. I look at the happy 17 year old dancing with her friends in the picture, her shining smile gives me a thrill. Her radiant orange hair, so big, so unique. Wishing I could have that hair back I touch the thin gray hair that now falls to my shoulders. I close my eyes and do my very favorite...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5
1

V-Rose (United States of America)() published:

A and Z (Revised)

PROMPT: Unlikely Friends  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Fiery eyes stood in front of the class, driving the class into a frenzy. Strawberry locks framed those eyes and delicate eyebrows arched above the flames as if to avoid being burned. Her heels clicked across the floor and she gave a passionate explanation on why the students should be allowed to have their phones in class. She did not stutter, and she did not stumble. Her hands flew at the right moments and glided when the words fit the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

More than Words Can Say

PROMPT: 26 Sentences  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Any day she could break my heart. But she hasn't and every day I continue to notice she is beauty meant to see the sun, not artwork meant to be hidden by a canvas sheet. Colored and cracked, art is supposed to make you feel things; she makes me feel things. Don't you wish, she used to say, and I would say no because with her my dreams came easy. Easy like falling asleep with stardust brushed across your...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Rule #1

You knew it would hurt. Why shouldn't it? You always had rules and those rules kept you safe; yet it had never occurred to you that making those rules would hurt you as well. But they were a shield. Now here you are, lost to the endless stream of words you thought you had control over; a reverse black hole, spitting everything out so fast and harshly there is no account for what goes where. There is no counting the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Norah (United States of America)() published:

i can too

1 and good god sometimes my heart beats too fast too and suddenly we’re
2a too far too gone and sipping off the rest of the world like the worst of them, burning up in the atmosphere like nasa’s favorite ghosts, their jackets tumbling out into the air, into the air so cold and free from oxygen it hurts like fire
2b half way to the last place i’ll ever want to be, the place to be buried, the place...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

frankly.philosophy37 (United States of America)() published:

Shooting Stars

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Once, long ago, I flew amongst the sparrows.  I looked to the heavens and felt the heavens gazing back.  The stars beckoned me to join them.  To soar amongst the ethereal bodies above, and to leave the drudgery of this slowly falling world.  I readied my wings and set my nose pointedly to the dark sky.  Gusts of air fell behind me as I flew upward.  I strained my wings to inch further as my stomach growled like a beast awoken from a deep sleep.  
...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Alicat (United States of America)() published:

A Letter to My Love

I don't write much. It's too hard, and words don't come out quite the way I want them to. But you make me want to write this. I wish I could tell you in real life, but I do not think I could say these words right if we were face to face. So here goes it, I guess.
    I've loved you for a long time. When you had no clue who I was, I dreamt of us...

Seeking Peer Reviews