Write the world   flash fiction group
GROUP:

Flash Fiction

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

Published Writing

Semester 1 %28214%29

Ferg (Australia) published:

Frozen Touch (Bonus Piece)

PROMPT: Inner Monologue  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Cold to the bone, I laid against cool grass. Thoughts drifted from me, visions of white corpses. What had happened, god, where was everyone. Sunlight crept across my skin, shivers bolted through me. I gasped, shocked with the sudden cold. What had happened. I felt drained, sore pain drifted through my arms. I forced myself up, falling backwards. I thrashed against cold skin, crawling away. I turn to a dead corpse, green eyes faded to a dull grey. Slowly I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Abstract.2

Norah (United States) published:

Cassandra, desolate

Cassandra lies, desolate, on the stone cold temple floor. She can’t feel her legs. She is numb, staring up at the vaulted marble and the statue of her protector, unblinking. Moonlight creeps its way up her legs. Her blood looks black. She can hear the city burning. 

What do you do when you know how you will die? She asks the unfeeling stone, the cold eyes of the stars. She notices the fast-moving clouds through gaps in the columns. Gods...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Rose with pink background lol
1

Gold_Rose (United Kingdom) published:

Late night thoughts

Why does this always happen to me? Why am I the one that's left out, forgotten, abandoned, why couldn't I be happy with real friends or even a real family? 

Maybe I could escape...I'll be eighteen in a year, I could hide out until then and be free. 
No, I couldn't do that, I could still be adopted. 
Yeah If some weirdo wanted a seventeen-year-old, everyone knows that people only adopt babies and small kids. 

I should work on my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 2019 10 22 at 6.22.36 pm

K. Marie Christen (Latvia) published:

Silence

PROMPT: The World of Thought  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

The world passed slowly. It's funny how that happens when one is nervous. Mirana watched the clock's hand tick, wishing she could hear it.

It was just two months ago...

No. Mirana wouldn't go back to remorse. She was here to be free of it.

But you do have reason to feel...

Mirana looked at the clock again. Only two minutes had gone by.

It isn't your fault you can't do what you used to be able to...

If there...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Rose with pink background lol
1

Gold_Rose (United Kingdom) published:

Shh..

I sigh, kneeling down beside the lifeless body. Abby paces slowly, her head shaking lightly as she bites her lip. I open my mouth to speak and she quickly places her finger upwards between her lips, no talking, not unless we know where the killer went or if it's still here, I slowly take my phone out, dead. I point towards our car, motioning for us to move, she shakes her head and places her hands on her hip, her...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 1459
1

Maya! (Canada) published:

Firstly

Misty misty morning and I am standing here watching a glazed sick sun coming up over a huge, huge layer of fog and when I zip the tent behind me, I wonder if it will wake him up. It's too early I guess. I don't even care. The rocks by the water are so huge - last night this is where I sat to write, this is where he came out of the ferns and told me my pants were...

Seeking Peer Reviews

%cc%97%cc%80  patiencelucia  %cc%96%cc%81

A Rose (United States) published:

Arden Harriet Brooks

I've met many people. Mutti is a politician and Mere is her biggest supporter! We had to travel a lot. Well, I had to stop after I hit highschool and school days became more important. I miss it. I miss traveling with them more often than break. Here in Pennsylvania...it's all the same. Everyone's just so boring. I see a cute 90s kid for two minutes and I'm head over heels for him just because there's nobody else. But then, now,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

The fault in our stars quotes as he read i

Aurora Borealis_03 (India) published:

in my head

"it feels like hell. standing there, in front of the flames, watching my books burn. it feels like my skin turned raw, searing, stinging, burning red like a rod just taken out from the fire. 
oh! my heart is on fire- don't you think you are increasing your skills of making understatements?

what a bright, sunny, wonderful day! will it be so blindingly bright for the books too? let my books rest in peace...
PEACE!
what a wonderful word!...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

aashu (India) published:

Home

PROMPT: Two in a Canoe  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

"Mayur, Did you get any food last night?" Hamid enquired softly, afraid of breaking the almost spiritual aura offered by the river in wee hours of the morning.
Mayur who sat in the back ignored his friend. Empty stomach always made him gloomy.

The stench of chemicals, bleach, and rotting aquatic life in the dying, polluted river surrounded them daily. But today it seemed stronger, magnified. The famous Delhi fog along with bone-chilling wind had arrived and their old rags...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 2219

Mary Wall (United States) published:

Angie: Can you guess the state of her mind?

I can't feel anything anymore. Once upon a time, breezes tickled my skin, sending chills up and down my spine. Once upon a time, laughter bubbled up inside me until it spilled out, sometimes uncontrollably. Once upon a time, I could feel. 
     Where is the mystery in life? I seem to understand every detail, concept, theory, thought, and truth.
    I know what life is. 
    Life is pain. Life is like a rainbow, beautiful and beyond...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Yosemite 6
1

Christy Wisdom (United States) published:

lone(ly) wolf

I'm so... tired. I feel jaded, like the world has messed with my life one too many times and I'm left with a numbing of the heart and a tear-streaked face. At least the moon's beautiful tonight. Hm. I wonder if all the lone wolves are out tonight, howling their loneliness because nobody's listening. That's what it feels like I'm doing, with all my crying and sobbing and wailing and ranting. I have been left desolate, and I can only...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Marvel ladies

Diana Wilkins (United States) published:

Clara and Sam

¨Why do I always have to be in the back?¨ Sam protested in a nasally voice. Clara knew all to well he made his voice go high on purpose; just to annoy her. 

¨Because,¨ She told her brother, ¨You're heavier than I am."

Sam scoffed. "That's a made up excuse. You just want to sit up there in all your glory and make me do all the heavy work of actually paddling." He gave another stroke to his side as...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2e47041dc5284f7e610ba3b3b92151ce

.amelia. (Singapore) published:

The Nymph

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Lara didn't want to leave the house.

As a matter of fact, she hadn't left it in two years.

Though it was made of clear glass, exposed to the curious eyes of passers-by, it never really bothered Lara. So long as she got to see the sun rise everyday, Lara was content.

But the sun didn't rise.

Lara pulled out her legs from the cosy blanket she stayed in. She stood and swept away the fine mist that swirled around...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

luv_to_write (Australia) published:

Now Would Be A Good Time To Be Anyone But Me.

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

The door creaked open and screeched chillingly back to the position it had been standing stationary in for decades. Addilyn strutted into the vastness of the Entrance Hall. She was looking for answers!
The ‘State Empire University (House of Knowledge and Novelty)’ was declared ‘Closed’ over sixty years ago, but Addilyn’s father’s recent murder had left a trail of questions, and where else better was there to get answers then here? But that wasn’t the only reason. Something about her...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
2

luv_to_write (Australia) published:

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 0548
1
2

Juliana (United States) published:

One Winter Night (updated)

It snapped and waved like a flag tossed in the winter wind as Daniel rolled another log into the fire. He poked around for a minute or two until the sparks erupted in celebration. Then he crawled back under the blanket and Lana resumed with her head on his shoulder. 

Out of the corner of his eye, he watched his hand carefully reach over and dry her cheek. Her eyes were bright and dancing or perhaps he just saw the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

320px burning yellow sunset

etherealthem15 (United States) published:

Pain Before the Best

She rolled over after hearing her phone sing for a second, and read what was on the screen. She froze for a second, and screamed inside. Her hand lost all grip, her phone slipping out of her hand, and her heart stopped. She curled into herself, pulling her quaking arms tight to her chest. He reached out to her, concerned about her mental state. She looked up into his eyes while laying by his side, and felt physical...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Semester 1 %28214%29
1

Ferg (Australia) published:

Confused (Short story)

PROMPT: Beginish  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

The gun clicks, pressing into my forehead. Sweat beads across my face. A tall figure holds the gun, his hand held still. I wanted to cry, for the bullet to final fly. Only I can't remember why I'm here, standing before my death.  A dull latern sways above my head, the flame flickers dying with each breath. 
"Where's my money," the shadow hissed," it was due last week."
I stand there confused, my head going numb where the gun pushes...

2e47041dc5284f7e610ba3b3b92151ce
2

.amelia. (Singapore) published:

The trip

Now that Sasha thought of it, the colour of the sky really meant something.

Alas, when she woke up in her thin, flattened mattress, it meant nothing. As far as Sasha could be concerned, the sky was only white as the guts of a cooked fish on this fine Saturday morning.

She stepped out of bed onto the cold wooden floor. Most of the planks were stained from the high tide of the choppy sea, that raged restlessly beneath the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Semester 1 %28214%29

Ferg (Australia) published:

Don't whisper

Thoughts drummed through my mind, a headache started to burn. My lips wouldn't move, couldn't. I struggled to push myself up, I fell back against a soft bed. Tara knelt beside me, she brushed my hair. I tried to speak, my lips slightly budged. Tara shook her head and opened her mouth. Her tongue was missing, a small stump was left. I gasped and smacked into the lino floor. She pulled me up, her face relaxed. Children cry, clutching their...

Seeking Peer Reviews

074ff96803e0ba9f462f282df2a68f50
5
1

AbiJoy (United States) published:

The Lion, Witch and the Storeroom

Ten chubby fingers splayed like gecko feet on the glass, oily prints when she moved. Her breath fogged up little clouds under her nostrils and her eyes wide.

I only work at a grocery store and sometimes the fridges need restocking; but the open stare from behind the shelves of milk bottles told me that my frigid minimum wage occupation had been transformed. What she saw was Narnia.

We stood there, in parallel planes of existence, unblinking, unsmiling. I felt...

Seeking Peer Reviews

20190714202517 img 0337
11

she's-got-a-story (United States) published:

iphone landscapes

it's 2 in the morning. 2 AM. 2 ante-meridian, or something. it's monday; i have to get up for school in four hours. 

but when i said, it's weird being awake this late. being the only one up. 
he said, i'm up with you.

when he asked me what music i liked, and i said, i only listen to Lorde,
within moments he replied, i've got Royals playing now. 

he sends me photos of his mountains.

and days ago,...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2e47041dc5284f7e610ba3b3b92151ce

.amelia. (Singapore) published:

The little list of prompts and possibilities

PROMPT: Writing Synapses  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Random prompts:
What if the 20th Century had been the most peaceful era in all history?

What if the we lived in the sky, instead of the land, inhabiting the most admired place in most mythology?

If you lived in a kingdom at war, who would you be? What era would you exist in? But more importantly, what will you do?

Your parent(s) are/is hiding something from you...

If you were a god/goddess of something...What would it be? What will...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 2019 09 03 at 6.25.11 pm

Starlit_Sparkling_Skies (United States) published:

Nobody

She was sitting in the dark when he found her. As she turned around, he noticed the tear tracks on her cheeks, her red-rimmed eyes, the things he'd never seen before. Never noticed.
She crept slowly away, edging back into the corner. He knelt down, gazing at the girl he never really knew. 

They sat together.
They thought together, thinking the same things.

Nobody ever shares everything.
Nobody is really who you think they are.
Everybody has secrets.

Default avatar user icon
1

your neighborhood prole (Singapore) published:

Rhizome

Orpheus stood outside of the bar, directly beneath the bulging overhead light affixed to its cantilevered frontal protrusion, its esca, waiting for the rain to stop. His hair was thinning, turning gray; and the hem of his feet-length trousers were wet with shrapnel from exploding raindrops. The bar faced a road with two lanes running in each direction, assimilating into muffled bursts of dirty rainwater towards each obscured end. Rainy weather was the perfect time to appreciate...

Seeking Peer Reviews