Write the world   flash fiction group
GROUP:

Flash Fiction

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

All writing published for Creature View

Published writing

E7e9a773 fddd 4bd8 bc37 7ea2c78871fd
3

Riley Noel (United States) published:

Music Returns

PROMPT: Creature View  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

They were arguing again. I could tell by the violent voices and slamming doors coming from down the hall. They never used to argue. In fact, the house used to be filled with the sounds of laughter and music, but then something changed. I couldn't put my paw on when exactly the change had happened. Perhaps it had been after the accident, that's when the younger girl had stopped playing the guitar; I'd watched her throw it at the wall after...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Penguin
1

BlueEyesBaby (United States) published:

The Invisible Human

A blurry figure quickly strode past, catching my attention immediately. Whiping my head around, my little legs pushed forward and followed after the moving body. The body was a male that lived with the rest of my human family, one that I am greatly confused about. He moves like a human, behaves like a human, even gives me pets like a human. Yet the other humans don't look his way. How could he be ignored?
    Has...

Seeking Peer Reviews

E7e9a773 fddd 4bd8 bc37 7ea2c78871fd
2
1

Riley Noel (United States) published:

Music Returns

Seeking Peer Reviews

A9274c6d 5d24 49c2 bc4d e52e551e25e0
1

Girl in the corner (United States) published:

The hopes and lives

I see it. It starts yelling at the other one to come over. They start to walk tweeds me slowly with this weird stick. No. It’s a gun. I run once I realize this. They start to run. They can’t catch up to me tho. I’m to fast for them. That’s when I rehear a loud noise come from behind me. And I feel a sudden pain in my leg. But I keep running. It hurts I thought. Am I...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Lady gaga kermit
1

nova.jacob (Australia) published:

old rocking chair

The bird had never quite understood the appeal of that old wooden rocking chair the old man always sat on, nor how he could sit on it for hours at a time. It looked rather uncomfortable, and wouldn't you get motion sickness from rocking back and forth for so long? It was an astonishing sight and, as such, the bird would often fly up to the windowsill and watch him at approximately 2:24pm every day. 

And that is why the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Tardis
3

19691 (Australia) published:

Creature

The sound of my paws against the concrete driveway mingled with the sounds of cutlery scraping against plates in a way that made my tail wag.  The little square of warm yellow light was getting bigger with every step, swallowing me and chasing away the darkness. I loaded my muscles, feeling power course through them, and sprang onto the fence. This was the best place by far to observe the inner workings of the strange giants inhabiting the fortress of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Avatar
3
1

WordWieldingWriter (United States) published:

A Good Boy

A bright red Frisbee sailed through the sky, and the dog leapt to catch the plastic comet. 
"Good boy!" the subject of the dog's idolization, his constant companion, cheered, congratulating the dog on the feat he had just performed. The dog's tail wagged in repeating crescents, his tongue lolling out of his mouth in a lopsided grin.
Many years passed. Throughout these years, the dog was repeatedly affirmed of his status of "good boy," taking each of these compliments quite...

Seeking Peer Reviews

9bf1956e 4029 4a7c be43 b29d75d33578
7
1

Kthrasher5 (United States) published:

Stupid Human

Stupid humans, thought the ginger cat. He was sitting on the side of the road with his heart pounding and legs aching. 
He just crossed what most strays liked to call Kill-A-Cat Street, because any cat who dares to cross it usually doesn’t make it out alive. 
Always in a hurry to get nowhere. 
The cat stood up and stretched, preparing to find a trash can or a cardboard box that he could call home for the night.
Till something—or...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Me
3

Wendell John Ramos (Philippines) published:

Within the Span of Ten Seconds

I opened my eyes to see a gray-colored room draped with an emerald curtain. I see a wooden chair and table. Above I saw the ceiling made of wood. It was saggy. I tried to peek in closely then a droplet of a white fluid graced my eyes. 

One, two, three... I started counting as I heard loud knocking from the door. Instantly, a deafening silence filled the room. Then I saw a silhouette moving into motion fast-paced conserving...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screen shot 2019 01 24 at 9.50.19 pm
3

Plausible.Poems (United States) published:

Piñata

After waiting on the top shelf in the party isle of Target for weeks, Hernández was gripped violently and hurled into a shopping cart.
    “Oh, what’s that?” asked a woman’s voice. Hernández was face down in the cart and couldn’t see anything.
    “I WANT THIS ONE,” screamed the little girl, picking up the piñata again to inspect it closely. It was almost half her size.
    “Okaaaay,” responded her mother skeptically, “but I thought you wanted a pink piñata...”
    “THIS ONE,”...

Cuties
1

Quilling Leaves (United States) published:

Sining Beauty

Ruffling her mousy feathers against the early spring morning, the thin branch of the inbloom crabapple tree swung under her weight, green shoots and pale pink buds bloomed along the rough tree's branches, replacing their bare branches with color. A bright orangey-red colored her chest feathers as she puffed it out and let out a singsong whistle in the cool young air. The blue sky was bright with the sun that shone like its light on the glittering surface of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

C29a74f0 5712 43e8 a4de 170a0854f7a1
2

ancientvoices (United States) published:

Company

The cat stretched, her claws digging into the wooden scratch post her human put up for her. The owner of her home seemed to be down most of the time now, not petting her like he used too and shooing her away when she approached. Today, though, he was a busy beaver. He hurried around the house and tidied up, dusting here and there or straightening lamp shades and decor. The cat watched her owner with confusion. Most of the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

B493bd15 cb2f 422a 8a56 2193d8b5a721
1
1

pencils.and.paper.roses (United States) published:

As She Goes Off

I slowly come awake in my bed on the floor. The light-up thing that beeps every morning at 6:15 is beeping. As I hear it, a thought comes to mind: breakfast! I stand up and stretch- front legs, then my back. The human is sitting up in bed now, rubbing her eyes, reaching for the beeping thing to shut it off. I walk over to her and nudge the side of the bed, and she rubs the sides of my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
3
1

Write_the_Write_way (United States) published:

"Stupid Cow"

Orange and black,
intricate popping contrast,
the wings carry the beautiful one,
thousands and thousands of miles
with no map,
just a genetic footprint,
if this creature doesn't prove that perfection
can have brains,
I don't know what can.
I guess this was too much beauty for man,
I could never understand why they kill whatever they can.

I can observe this and somehow transfer it to the ones with the power to transmit my messages through modern technology, a...

Watch me make u wonder
3

TheLittleElephant23 (United States) published:

The Little Elephant and The People in Red

The little elephant watches the people clothed in red. She sees the little ones run and hears them laugh. She hears something else, and feels her mother and her aunts close in around her and her cousins. Through the gaps in the circle, she sees what looks like a moving bush. But it is full of people. They are not like the people in red though. Their skin doesn't look like the color of dirt, it looks white....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Lie with me
5

Opened_Mind (United States) published:

Stray

After being fed by him for the third day in a row, I thought it would be a good idea to follow him home. At first, I trailed behind, but when it became clear he was going to be alone, I walked up beside him. When he finally took notice of me, he smiled, ruffled my head, and looked forward again towards home. 

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I thought perhaps his home could become my home. You...

Seeking Peer Reviews

9f857652 94b8 41b9 8a86 52d43711132c
2

PureHeart (United Kingdom) published:

The Spider

I wake up to open my curtains in order to gaze outside. But one day, I discovered a spider, sitting on her thin web. She sat there, still and stiff. Perhaps afraid of the two large eyes staring at her. I hesitated to leave; I wanted to make sure she was alright. I examined her from top to bottom. Her eyes stared; I could tell for sure she was as curious as I was. Then her legs started spindling, getting...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2560px roses   vincent van gogh
3

Oscar_Locke (Australia) published:

fingers that pull apart the air

My fingers pull the air apart, and I sing out to the stars.

They reply, soft as smoke, silencing my blindness. They guide me, the wavering sounds. Past twigged branches and human houses. Over fences and the low, angry depths of the bay.

To the fireflies and beetles and moths. I sing out, and they scream, chitin chittering as they scramble for purchase on the air. Their fingers are too weak, and I snap them free. Crunch them with my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2560px roses   vincent van gogh
4

Oscar_Locke (Australia) published:

fingers that pull apart the air

Seeking Peer Reviews

Matildaillustration
2

AnnaTypeWriter (Peru) published:

His Dancing Queen

The cockroach was fascinated.

​    It usually sat, and waited, and watched, and waited some more - never really venturing out of his little home inside of a much bigger home. After all, whenever he left he always came back with a missing limb or two as well as deaf ears that rang for a while. But- what was this - new curtains? No flower perfume, gurgling of a vacuum, and was that music in the kitchen? The curious cockroach peered around...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
3
2

janice (United States) published:

Bird's Eye View

The bird perched in the window, preening his feathers. The human who lived in the house was busy in the kitchen, singing a beautiful tune. She smiled while slicing and mixing, clearly pleased. The bird chirped happily, sitting on the clean windowsill. The human slid a tray into the oven, then leaned her back against the fridge, smiling. The bird cocked his head, curious. In her hand she clutched a piece of paper that read "Wedding invitation--Alice and Derek."...

Seeking Peer Reviews