GROUP:

Flash Fiction

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

All writing published for Unrelated

Published writing

1

Anha (Australia)() published:

impermanence and the memory of childhood

PROMPT: Unrelated  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

you wear a raincoat - big and yellow, the british style - when you sit outside. it's the only way Mother lets you do it; the furniture on the porch is musty with rainy days and moss creeps up its short legs. but you revel in the familiar smell, so you put on your raincoat and sit on the outdoor furniture, waiting for the sun to go down.

sometimes, you sit there long after sunset, reading aloud to the falling...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Legendary Grapes (United States of America)() published:

Triggered

The city of Skolam hung in the air like a floating island. 

No one knows the origin of Skolam, except for the people living on the country in the air. It was formed when many natural disasters happened in the same spot, above New York City, creating a portal through reality and space. Chunks of rock, land, technology, and nature stuck together, as if pulled by magnets. They created Skolam. No one knew of its existence, until...

Seeking Peer Reviews

sapphic_rain (Philippines)() published:

Jacob's Trip To The Dentist

"Nope."
After pleading my only son, Jacob, to visit the dentist for the tenth time today, the only answer he's been giving me is nope. 
"C'mon Jacob, it will make your teeth white, and that'll help so that your crush will like you back." I've tried every lie just to convince him, but it seems that he was traumatized by his last visit to Dr. Gutowitz when he was four.

"Still no." Jacob answered me, with a smirk plastered...

Seeking Peer Reviews

sapphic_rain (Philippines)() published:

Jacob's Trip To The Dentist

"Nope."

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Dmoral13 (United States of America)() published:

Orphans

Perched upon the fence sat Marisol and her brother Drew, both watching the sun as it dipped behind the horizon. Marisol stared in awe at the mix of orange and pinks in the sky, as Drew struggled to maintain his balance on the thin fence.
Don't fall," Marisol warned, her gaze flickering to Drew.
"Let's just go inside," Drew huffed, jumping down.
"Drew," Marisol sighed, joining him. "We're going to miss the stars."'
"It's not like she would've let us...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Riley Noel (United States of America)() published:

Bloody Day

"Please, I will do anything just let her go," I scream. Straining against the guards holding my arms. Their grips only tighten. Hera looks at me from her throne, a frayed yellow cushioned patio chair, and smiles a poison smile.
"Anything?" she purrs leaning slightly forward. I try to keep my face in check but tears are already falling. 
"Anything," I whisper. Looking down at my little sister clutching her stuffed koala bear. Her long blonde hair is ratty and her...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

winterwolf0100 (United States of America)() published:

A Rainy Mood

Great. Just great. That's all I can think to myself as the rain starts pouring down, instantly turning my windshield from clear to me without my glasses. Let me give you a hint: I'm legally blind without my glasses.

I told David we shouldn't have gotten the outdoor furniture yet. I said, "No, the deck roof isn't complete yet. Where are we going to put it?"

"Outside," he had replied, as if it was obvious.

"Outside?"...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4
1

Ursa published:

Rainy Skyscraper

It was pouring. And when I say pouring, I mean it was like Thor himself was taking buckets of water and emptying them over our heads. Walking on the sidewalk was dangerous, the puddles--no, rivers-- on the edge of the road were making ocean waves as the cars drove by, the gutters doing hardly anything at all.
    So, obviously, what myself and my two closest friends were doing on this cold, wet, miserable day, was walking on...

Seeking Peer Reviews

PureHeart (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

New York Bliss

The skyscrapers clashed with the dark sky above, their lights shining, illuminating our path. Chattering people swarming from every corner, from one side of the street to the next. It was gusier than usual. Most people were running. Running to get away from the rain. 

Me, sitting on my little bench, just on the edge of Central Park. My bright red raincoat was awfully conspicuous, making it somewhat easy to draw unwanted attnetion. Shivering, with the hands clutching my umbrella...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Deej (United States of America)() published:

The Koala And The Rose

I woke up gasping for air. Sweat beading on my forehead.
"Are you calling me weird, Roza?" A small Koala in a raincoat asked me.
"You know I prefer Rose," I replied. I know it doesn't help my hallucinating to talk back to the hallucination, but it's been about a year now and Ezra has become a part of my life in a way.
"Ah, so you do know my name!" He climbed up onto my bed and played with...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Bloody Day

"Please I will do anything just let her go." I scream, straining against the guards holding my arms. Their grips only tighten. Hera looks at me from her throne, a frayed yellow cushioned patio chair, and smiles a poison smile.
"Anything," I whisper looking down at my little sister clutching her stuffed koala bear. Her long blonde hair is ratty and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

7

Tofu(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ (Canada)() published:

Awkward Gal

I am crazy.
   I mean, who would enter a wall-climbing contest just to win free dental flossing for a year? 
   I'll tell you who. This gal!
   It's not my fault though. My bestie, Mia, dared me to do it. And I was like, what the heck? It's free dental flossing anyway. I just forgot one tiny yet significant detail.
   I can't climb!
   I've been afraid of heights since my mother thought it was a good...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

KaylaM78 (United States of America)() published:

Before Sunrise

I wasn't surprised to find Lynn tapping on my bedroom window this morning: she visited often and in very unexpected ways. In fact, Lynn did the unanticipated so frequently that I'd learned to expect her unplanned visits. She was drenched, and it was so early in the morning that even without the stormy clouds in the sky it would be dark. Instead of wearing a raincoat, she held one in her hand.
   I opened the window and told her,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Before Sunrise

I wasn't surprised to find Lynn tapping on my bedroom window this morning: she visits often and in very unexpected ways. In fact, Lynn does the unanticipated so frequently that I've learned to expect her unplanned visits. She was drenched, and it was so early in the morning that even without the stormy clouds in the sky it would be dark. Instead of wearing a raincoat, she held one in her hand.
   I opened the window and told her,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Brianana (United States of America)() published:

Thursdays

Thursdays are the days I see her. Thursdays are the days I see that girl, the girl with secret smiles and windswept hair and eyes that stare through my soul. More importantly, Thursdays are the days where life is breathed into me again and then subsequently stolen away.
    We sit across from each other on the train. It goes like this: she walks into the train car, her sunflower yellow raincoat still dripping. Her muddy boots leave tracks...

Seeking Peer Reviews

TheLittleElephant23 (United States of America)() published:

Trip To The City

I looked at the raincoat through the window. It was shiny, and red and had matching boots. Its hood had a floral lining and the inside was fluffy. Then I looked down at my own raincoat. Tattered, dripping. Yellow, with little ducks all over. The inside was plastic and my boots didn't match. They didn't even match each other. One boot was brown and big. The other, neon pink with sparkles and it was too small. "Mom,", I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Trip To The City

Seeking Peer Reviews

AbiJoy (United States of America)() published:

Under the Weather

The feel of sun warmed skin makes me shiver. They crowd inside with their fiery flesh and their too-bright eyes. I fear I will shrivel up under their feet. The thought of spending an hour trapped in here with them is almost too much to handle. I try to push my way closer to the door, where the cameras are. Maybe they will see my face and take pity, let me out early. I elbow my way through the lunchtime...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

omicron7889 (Hong Kong)() published:

Ever wondered what a koala does in its free time?

Marshal dragged his second-hand outdoor chair to the window of his apartment, his two koala thumbs gripping the armrest with strain. What an idea to buy kangaroo-sized outdoor furniture from Craigslist at 3 am. Seriously, what was he thinking?

When the chair was close enough to the window he grabbed his purple raincoat from his second-hand coat stand standing next to the pink polka-dotted couch (also bought on Craigslist) and scampered out of his apartment on his two short legs,...

Seeking Peer Reviews