Riley Noel

Adventurer
Daydreamer
Future horse trainer
IMF Agent
Rebel Spy
Demon Hunter
Possible Demigod
Shadowhunter
A proud Gryffindor
Dean and Sam Winchester (older brothers)
In love with
Bucky Barnes
Indiana Jones
The Doctor

This was a really neat prompt that I had fun thinking about. See if any of my own rules help you, or if you have similar ones!

My Ten Rules Of Writing

1. Write about anything and everything. Never assume something is uninspiring, or boring, always look at things from a different angle.
  2. Keep notebook paper in the bathroom sink, preferably within easy reach of the shower or bath. Trust me you will thank me when you've come up with the perfect scene, or dialogue and you can just jot it down; then finish showering. Oh, and keep SHARPENED pencils there too!
  3. Read everything you can. Read books, newspapers, magazines, the back of movie cases, signs along the highway, the end credits. Just read. 
  4. Carry a notebook with you everywhere. Keep one in your car, your locker, your purse/backpack, get a small one and put it in your pocket; just have it with you so when inspiration hits you have somewhere to put it. 
  5. When taking your computer to other places, always bring a charger and set up near an outlet. Even if your computer is fully charged its nice to know you don't have to worry about losing your documents.
  6. Always carry loads of pencils, and at least one pencil sharpener!
  7. Create a space on your phone for writing prompts. I like to use Pinterest, they have a bunch of really inspiring prompts and conversation starters.
  8. NEVER THROW OUT ANY ROUGH DRAFTS, OR UNFINISHED WORKS!! This is so important, everything you write can be reworked into something great. It might take a lot of time and revision, but everything you write is a great piece waiting for the right story,
  9. Find a person to be your revision/idea buddy. Make it someone other than your best friends. They can offer you great advice without showing too much bias, and they are a great way to see how other people will react to your story.
  10. Whenever you look at somthing, or expirence somthing, especally for the first time, try to think about ho you would describe it to somone. How would you describe the ice cream your eating? Or the girl in front of you in line? When you get hurt, how does the pain make you feel? If you can describe everyday moments like that you will be able to really make secnes coem alive.

• AbigailSauble

Great rules! :) A few times, I've found that I don't have paper or a pencil with me, and so I've had to improvise. ;)

• Riley Noel

Thanks!

• rosemarywisdom

This is good!