84vriwps9b

manar

Tunisia

Find me through my writings
Follow my facebook page @Metamorphosis

It gladdens me if you take your time and read it with your heart rather than with your eyes, and if you feel like writing something on that, please write it...

They asked me to forget (Part I)

PROMPT: Prose Poem

4
They asked me to forget, when they struck me with their words and left, a cleft, in my middle...
They asked me to forget the night of nightmares and darkness in my exile...
They asked me to forget the voices digging their claws in my ears,
To forget, to just turn the page...

They asked me to wear a new flowery dress... Put on a smile and complain less... Pretend to like it all and tidy up the mess, hold on a mask, paste it forever on my face... To forget, to just turn the page!

Forget how I believed their lies and gave myself a ritual sacrifice; how I stood mute when they snatched the Joy from my heart...
To forget how much red splashed on the white feathers of doves, and every gunball teared a child's dream apart;
How much we cried, we begged, they laughed.. turned their backs blocking every prayer ever ascended from a shrine, then pretend to be fine!

Can I forget?
Can I forget when mum was knitting and my brother running on the grass?
A doleful wail harvesting souls sent them corpses by the yard, 
When from the school I was back, happy with my notes of "good Job!"
To find our home a memory, drowned in sorrow and sobs..

Will I forget?
What can rince my mind from terror, from anger from dispair? .. Is't even fair?
How can I forget.. the doleful wail..?

#thick poetry... well I poured out my heart yesterday, and came out with this.. That felt so much like bleeding..

• manar

Thanks @ARS7 ! Enjoy it ;) and all the best in your coming writings, I'm excited to see more

• AbigailSauble

Beautiful job. Love the emotions you provoke in this. Keep up the good work!