F3e9a7bdcaa485e194a0798bb9bc0b2b

Little Red Riding Hood

Don't just be another brick in the wall.

I also love summer evenings, cats, bubbles and cuddles :)

I'm a teenage girl with a peculiar mind. I try to make sense of this hectic world through writing and it does work, sometimes. I really want to become a better writer, maybe even have something published one day.. that would be amazing. It's probably worth mentioning that a lot of my pieces are not finished and probably never will be finished, but I'm proud of them regardless, which is why I publish them. It's also probably worth mentioning that some of my pieces deal with quite dark and sad topics. I'll put trigger warnings at the start of the pieces that I believe should have trigger warnings but if you have any problems with any of the other ones, please let me know. I don't want to hurt anybody.
LR xx

#Brussels

0
I woke up to find the sound waves thick with the blood of the innocent
13 dead, countless injured, but no one will really know until the dust settles
Shaky videos and clumsy photos that we the early birds absorbed over our tea and toast
Though by this evening, these photos will be refined to show the worst
And #‎Brussels will be tweeted out by every person with a soul.

When those bombs went off in Ankara and more than 90 people were killed,
No one really batted an eye, the cries were far enough away for us to ignore
In Paris and Brussels however, every major building will be on lock down and lit up
With the colours and anthems of the countries where carnage is so rare
And thoughts and prayers will be with every lost soul.

Bits and pieces of the full story will be found and matched together soon enough
Just like the shards of glass and plastic seating and body parts on the airport floor.
But the lives that were taken, the families completely shaken, a news reel will never satisfy their loss
“I had to turn away, I’m sorry. It’s things like this that make me question
Whether peace has a place in anyone’s soul.”

The whole point of these attacks is to forge fear, spread hate, to separate communities
Then those responsible will feed off the ignorance and the anger in our fragile little hearts
And yes it hurts to sit and watch, but at least your best friend hasn’t just been shot in front of you
I wish I could do more, I wish I could help clean up this horrible global mess
Replace those in charge with a slightly kinder soul.