Meneame media link 34136

A Breath Into Silence

She likes sugar, notebooks, and existence. A dreamer, scientist, and musician. In love with the night sky. Incurably shy. Always willing to listen.

It's nice to meet you!

Hello! Thanks for checking out my writing!

Good morning

" "Good Morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out further than the brim of his shady hat.

"What do you mean?" he asked. "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"

"All of them at once," said Bilbo. [.....] "Good morning!" he said at last. "We don't want any adventures here, thank you! You might try over The Hill or across The Water." By this he meant the conversation was at an end.

"What a lot of things you do use 
Good morning for!" said Gandalf. "Now you mean that you want to get rid of me, and that it won't be good till I move off." " (Tolkien, The Hobbit)

One of the first sentences I can ever remember making my dad read aloud to me -- I can still hear him putting on his best Gandalf voice, sounding cross and bemused. 

• AJ - Izzy

Ahh, I love the hobbit! This part is just genius :)

• JCWriter

I've always liked that sentence, too. It makes me smile!