GROUP:

Poets and Wordsmiths

Login Open Group - Anyone Can Join

Announcements

• Dear Poets & Wordsmiths group members,

We are writing to share some exciting news regarding the future of our group writing communities at Write the World! In order to make sure you get the most out of Write the World sub-groups, we will be retiring existing groups and launching new groups on a rotating schedule, each lasting six weeks. 

New groups will consist of weekly writing prompts that carry you through the progression of the writing process, from imagining potential topics to honing your final piece with an eye towards publication. Prompts will build upon one another, though you can also join at any time and respond to those that call to you. We will focus on commenting, peer reviewing, and building community as we take an in-depth look at a variety of genres and elements of craft, read accompanying resources, and dig more deeply into the writing process. Our first group, Writing for the News, will launch on March 1. We encourage you to join the group now and respond to the first prompt, “Meet & Greet,” so you’re ready to go when March arrives!

We will no longer be posting new writing prompts to Poets & Wordsmiths. You WILL still be able to view your past writing once this group is retired; however, you WILL NOT have access to peer reviews, expert reviews, or prompts. Please download/copy any materials you wish to save by February 25th. We will retire current sub-groups on February 28th. 

Please feel free to reach out to brittany@writetheworld.com if you have any questions or concerns about this transition. We look forward to engaging with you all in our new group communities, which will allow us to work together to hone our craft, connect with other writers, learn about language, and… most of all… have fun!

Sincerely,
    Your Editors
  • New prompt: Where do you belong?
  • New prompt: The power of reading.
  • New prompt: The Light Gets In
  • New prompt: Analysis paralysis.