Img 9309

milamae

Californian girl, writer, sister, dancer, daughter, friend, surfer, explorer, ice cream obsessed, and only want to be a better writer, a better person.

Constructive, positive feedback is much appreciated.... enjoy!
"Perfection is found in accepting your imperfections."

the taste of the night sky

The sky, a black and purple bruise, sheltering the earth, rushing the powerful taste of iron blood into the mouth. It aches and cries with stars; salty tears. Milky clouds are chased by chilled and minty winds that touched the tops of candy-coated mountains. The wounded sky seemed to swallow the whole world, bursts of sweets and spices. There were bubbles that fizzed and popped, tickling the inside of each cheek. There were crunches and crisps that cut the tounge, and liquids, cold and warm, that cooled and comforted. All the flavors swirled together, demonstrating a vision of the land, mountains, valleys, the sea and lakes and rivers, the people and the culture; the beautiful chaos of it all. All was in that one taste, each flavor contributing something new, something different. But the night sky could not take all that flavor for itself. So, the torrid sun rose, a band aid for the dark, beaten sky. The sun came not only to the rescue, but to try the flavors for itself, and the night sky was temporarily relived of it's suffering, it's pain. 

• Majestically Awkward Manatee

I had to recommend this piece on my page!!!!!!! THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND STUNNING!!!!!!! AMAZING <3

Awesome! :DD

• Kahasai

I also did the taste of the night sky for an "improbable flavor" prompt (I'm also a Californian girl but in the north). You outshone mine by far. Your descriptions are so accurate and imaginative. "The wounded sky seemed to swallow the whole world, bursts of sweets and spices." With descriptions like that, the night sky came alive in my thoughts. Truly, well done.

• paperbird

pardon my blasphemy, but holy christ. this is absolutely gorgeous. i was swept in by the stunning use of "black and purple bruise", and the metaphorical language used throughout is nothing short of masterful. everything is played out so beautifully––"band aid for the dark, beaten sky", "minty winds that touched the top of candy-coated mountains". this is inspirational. thank you for lending your artistry to it––it's just wonderful.