Group Details

Welcome to Global Citizens!  This group writes at the crossroads of journalism and social justice. Focusing on current events—everything from immigration to censorship to inequality to environmental justice—Global Citizens will explore the concepts of citizenry. Through op-eds, poems, reflections, and storytelling, we will build our own platform for all voices to speak up and speak out.

You will love this group if… you see writing as a form of democracy—a way for everyone and anyone to contribute to political, social, and cultural conversations.

Announcements

• Dear Global Citizens group members,

We are writing to share some exciting news regarding the future of our group writing communities at Write the World! In the coming weeks, we will be launching our first in a series of Writing Workshops dedicated to specific styles of writing and elements of craft. These workshops will last one week each and will comprise writing prompts, resources, readings, and even appearances from guest writers whose works demonstrate expertise in each genre, allowing participants to earn a certificate of completion for their writing and peer reviews!

As we work to launch these workshops, we will no longer be posting new writing prompts to this Global Citizens group. However, you WILL still have access to all past writing prompts in this group, as well as your published and unpublished works.
    Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns about this transition. We look forward to engaging with you all in Writing Workshop communities, which will allow us to work together to hone our craft, connect with other writers, learn about language, and… most of all… have fun!

Sincerely,
    Your Editors
  • New Prompt: Share your favorite English hybrid or slang and use it in a creative example!
  • New Prompt: Compose a poem that incorporates fact and universality.
  • New Prompt: Share three ideas about the future of education.
  • New Prompt: If you could live anywhere in the world for one year, where would you go?
  • New Prompt: Describe four billion years in four hundred words (or less)!
  • New Prompt: What animals have to teach us about otherness.
  • New Prompt: Pause and join the conversation.
  • New Prompt: When have you changed your mind?
  • New Prompt: Write a poem about something that can't be seen, but can be found everywhere on earth.
  • New Prompt: What have humans failed to remember?
  • New Prompt: Do you know a young person who is changing the world?
  • New Prompt: On the last day of the world, what would you do?
  • New Prompt: What does it mean to leave home, dear writers?
  • New Prompt: Short and snappy! Write a letter to the editor in response to a recently published article.
  • New Prompt: “Why are you here?” Why do you pick up your pen, dear writers?
  • New Prompt: Grab the mic. Share ten things that matter to you.