Fatima M

Nigeria

aspiring writer, proud ravenclaw.

what do you think of my writing style in general? my diction and the piece as a whole? this is the first work i have shared in my life expecting actual feedback please help me, thanks

The Moon Smiled Back

The gentle breeze from outside brings along with it some dust through the window as I look upon the world I am surrounded by. The neighborhood is awake and everywhere is lit up as I hear the prayers from the mosque, the worship from the church and the music from the clubs all around me while everyone awaits the turn of the new year holding on tightly to the hope that this year will be different, it will be 'ours.' I hope this year is nice to me, I think to myself as I look up to the sky and see the moon shining brightly, its light spilling beautifully into my room and at that moment, as I stare at the moon and it stares back, I feel an overwhelming sense of hope that this year will in fact be mine- because the moon smiled back tonight.

• Fatima M

yes i joined write the world recently and i'm working on more pieces

• Kahasai

No worries about being late reviewing. I haven't reviewed either of your pieces yet, either (and you only have two).