Xavier Nelson

ahhhh

Xavier's Paperbirdq&a

10
what's the story behind your profile picture? 

It's the friend I wish I had. I'd be the cat holding the bottle and not caring about my mother's expectations. All the stress just melting away as we stare at the beautiful sky together.

when you start a "free writing" piece, do you like the font better when it's the editing font or the published font? 

I didn't realize there was a difference xD

what movie scarred you for life as a child?  does it still freak you out? 

Child's Play. Once, I turned on the tv and it was playing so I watched a bit of it. Bad move. It still haunts me to this day.

look up "horoscope personalities."  which one fits you? 

Cancer.

do you consider yourself to a good writer? (be honest) 

On paper, yes. After I finish writing something I often feel accomplished and proud of myself. But when I read it aloud, my confidence drops and I start to think it sucks.

so, as mentioned earlier, the q&a trend was all the rage in september/october.  do you know who started it? 

No. I joined the site in December.

what's one popular franchise you think is downright bad? 

Star Wars. It's boring ;;

what do you think happens when you die? 

Reincarnation.

describe your ideal life (job, marriage, kids, death, etc) 

Living in the woods away from society with my future husband. I've always wanted to have a daughter, but further down the line.

what is one food you're very territorial of?  in other words, if you found it in your fridge, you wouldn't let anyone else eat it. 

Pizza.

should pineapple be on pizza? 

Absolutely not.

abortion: yes or no?  explain.  (if you don't like politics you can skip this question) 

Yes. Once you get rid of the right to have an abortion, you take away a woman's right to her own body. She gets to decide what to do with it.

what aspect of the traditional science fiction future scares you most?  (e.g., robots, global warming, aliens, etc.) 

Global warming is science fiction? o; But, nothing really. I'm more scared of dystopias and dictatorships.

why do you think people find pleasure in answering questions about themselves online?

I like it when people know more about me, so maybe that's the same for everyone. 

• Zobot

I appreciate your view on abortion, especially since I saw this very interesting thing about body possession (forget exact name) and it said how you need the person's permission form when they were living to harvest organ from a corpse, but not for a women to grow an organism in her body, even if it may grow up in terrible conditions.

• spearmint

I started watching Star Wars yesterday cuz my dad wanted to..... 10 minutes in and I was begging to stop. I feel you.

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

but. but... you don't like pineapple on pizza... noooo! I stand alone.

• spearmint

I don't know if Star Wars sucks or not, never watched it, never really want to. And the thing about reading out loud... That is SO me.

• paperbird

i know right!! star wars bores me to death. it’s just a bunch of guys in space dressed ridiculously.
    also, agreed on abortion and pineapple pizza.

• Ellie!

Star Wars is good but you can't spend too much time on fanfiction, spin-offs, or movies like 'Solo' or 'Rogue One'. Stick to the trilogies and it's timeless!!!!

• xXlunagirlXx

I get you on the reading aloud concept too, I make myself sound stupid when I read aloud.... I also agree on star wars, I mean really! It seems so stupid in the books!

• green.eyes.gurl

The whole thing with reading writing out loud and having confidence in your writing dropping is something I feel too. My friends sometimes ask me to read my writing, and I say yes once in a while because I don't want them to think I don't trust them. But one of my friends, Brianna, reads them out loud and emphasizes everything and I just feel so ridiculous.