ethereal.otherworldly

soft n sapphic

dreaming of goddesses, sunflowers and italian sunshine.

every poem is a different style, leave me and my everchanging existence alone

how to pray (in the light and in the dark)

light
here i pray in the open, painting river-water into my skin and giving to the sun, the sun, the light and what it brings. here, when i kneel to the goddess i am speaking prayers into the grass beneath my feet. the goddess gave me flowers in my eyes and herbs in my skin, so i will plant them for her. i will offer here my skin, my hair, the way my tongue rolls my words and speaks my language into crescendoes, into hymns, into the rhythm of the earth's heartbeat and the way life flows through my veins. i am alive breathing speaking prayers verses giving, because to be alive is the greatest gift i have been given and i will give my thanks unto the earth until death silences my words and takes me down into the ground where my ancestors are waiting.

dark
where my ancestors have been waiting, painting me constellations and setting me aflame. i am the daughter of the witches they were never able to burn, and my prayers in the dark are made of spitting blood and rolling necks. maybe not moral, maybe not good, but i am alive and i will fight the battles that they began. my mother taught me magic and my father taught me worship, and for them i will burn down the world. i will teach my children about bruised knuckles and summoning fire from the pit inside their chest. my daughters will honor our goddess, honor her teachings as they rule the world from iron thrones. our goddess made the crown, and now that is has been passed down to me i will not waste it.
i'm a bit religious, i guess

how did i not see this before?? this is so honestly incredible, your tone is open and it reads like a poem or a promise - or a spell. this is so wholesome and there's so many parts that give my mind an ecstasy rush that i'd basically need to fit the entire poem in this comment to encase them. i love this piece so much, you're amazing <3

• ethereal.otherworldly

u two and ur comments make my heart go boom boom boosh thank u friends

• ghostlyglory

oh my this is so so lovely. "my mother taught me magic and my father taught me worship, and for them i will burn down the world" is such a complex and beautiful sentiment and you word it so incredibly wtf. thank you for this!

• loveletterstosappho

this? is?? so??? beautiful????? my fave lines are "the goddess gave me flowers in my eyes and herbs in my skin, so i will plant them for her." and the phrase "the way my tongue rolls my words and speaks my language into crescendoes, into hymns, into the rhythm of the earth's heartbeat and the way life flows through my veins." and "i am the daughter of the witches they were never able to burn" and "my mother taught me magic and my father taught me worship, and for them i will burn down the world." and "my daughters will honor our goddess" and just the entire thing? i love it all and i love your writing <3