Screen shot 2019 02 21 at 5.38.11 pm

spearmint

Write free

I'm one of the many writers on this site who's left because of what I believe is unfair censorship. A few of my works have been taken down for mentioning, but not promoting things like suicide. This has happened to other writers too. I'll admit that it's kind of stubborn of me to just leave, but this issue is not something that I want to put up with. I'm not protesting WtW; it's just not the right place for me. If you want, you can find me on theprose.com. I have the exact same username, so it shouldn't be too hard.

As Cold as Stone (Chapter 12)

1
This will probably be one of the last chapters.

««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

I slouch on the ground, sweat pouring down my face. I finished about an hour ago, but I just couldn't bear to leave. I took my time, finishing at past 3:00. I memorized her face, her eyes, her hair, her everything, because I know that I will never see her again. At last, I stand up and walk away. I don't look back.

All day I have been doing nothing. I collapsed on the couch, too tired for tears, not tired enough to just fall asleep and forget for a little while. Eventually, I turn around and switch on the news.

"... suspect a young girl who has been found at the scene of all these crimes. The now parentless-children were interviewed, and it turns out that they have all suffered from child abuse. Officials believe that perhaps the girl has also been abused and wishes to free others like her, but all she is doing is ruining lives. She..."

Could it be Amy? A photo flashes on the screen. Oh god. It's her.

Uh-oh! Sounds like Amy might have gone batty or on a serious war-path. I can't wait to see what happens next!
    If this turns out to be one of the last chapters, I really enjoyed this series while it lasted :DD