Hotel das cataratas by

Silver Pen

Christian/LOVE Jesus/she/her/big family/scifi/fantasy/Minnesotan/good books/beautiful words/wit/Halo/notebooks and pens/old book smell/coffee/ royalty/honor/love

This has to be the most republished piece I've ever done on WtW to date.

Quick Contest

11
    Hey guys!  Here's the first contest I've hosted on WtW, so please pardon any mistakes. :)

Your objective is to take one of your worst problems as a writer and describe it in one sentence in such a way as to make people, hopefully yourself included, laugh about it.  When you can laugh at something, you can rise above it.  (Thanks, Mom and Dad, for that nugget of wisdom.)  Here's an example that I put in a comment on on of my pieces:

Naming a story is like trying to name a monkey who won't sit still so that you can spy his most defining feature.

First place: 800-100 word short story/poem

Second place: 40-50 word short story/poem

Third place: 20-25 word story/poem

Honorable mention: 6 word short story/poem

I'll put the prize stories in one piece to make it easier to find.  ALSO, include a word you would like to see in your prize in your entry so that I can just tell you the title of the prize piece on my winner's announcement.  Deadline is January 27.  I'll see if I can judge it in a week, but no garantees, and that prize piece will add some extra time that you'll have to wait for the results.  Sorry. 

Have fun!

• Christy Wisdom

Ok!

• Silver Pen

You can do multiple entries, but only one will win.

• Christy Wisdom

Hey, is it okay for me to change my entry? If so, This is my new one

Writing a plot line is like a book with a lot of plot twists: even I have no idea what on earth is going on.
    My word will still be war

• korra4life

Coming up with an original idea is just like arguing with a spoiled 3 year old with overprotective parents: it won't happen.
    Word: Absence

• Johanna

Wow Paperbird I love your word xD

• Johanna

Actually trying to finish a story is like trying to swallow a whole scoop of ice cream along with the cone, then waiting for the moment you freeze to death.
    My word: doppelgänger (I really don't know why)

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Oops, forgot my word. How about...sequacious. XD

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Originality? Pffft.
    Inspiration? Ha! More like expiration.

• paperbird

i'm not sure what i wrote because all of those times i banged my head on the keys.
    word: tiojwaefhdsklafpo423899e0di4frj

• Ryder

My stories are like beautiful lace; holes included.
    Word: Horse

You know you've been writing for about ten hours straight and without enough coffee when you start describing raindrops as wet.
    Word: Oblivion

• TheOriginalEliza™

Trying to begin a story and realizing that you can't without it being cheesier than the pizza that they sell at that one sketchy restaurant.

Word: Stellar

• AJ - Izzy

Straining to find the right word is like teaching your younger brother how to lead - he continues to screech the same thing in your ear over and over again until you can't hear anything else

Word: Quixotic <3

• stripedfly

One of the best parts about finding names for characters is remembering all the people you hate.

My word: twilight

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

Writing is always about slaving away for hours upon end; 10% doing nothing, 20% procrastination, 20% trying to find something else to do, 50% reloading the page to see if anyone liked my pieces, and 100% wishing I wrote more than 2 sentences. (I did not stop writing anything to write this...)
    Word: Juxtapose/Juxtaposition

• Lissie

Planning ahead is like when your parents try to fix the plumbing themselves: a mess that usually has to be completely re-done.

My Word: glass

• Christy Wisdom

Thanks!

• Silver Pen

Yes, my sister is named Eowyn. Nice profile pic, btw. :)

• Christy Wisdom

Giving a character flaws is like telling your friend (one that's been by your side for a while, mind you) "Hey, do you mind if I give people a reason to dislike you? GREAT, THANKS!". My word: War

Also, your sister is named Eowyn? That's amazing. AMAZING