Writers of the world

Writers of the World

You may nominate ANY pieces, ones inspired by our prompts or not.
We give great peer reviews!

January Must Reads Nominations

26
ATTENTION ALL WRITERS OF THE WORLD!!!!!
First off, I would like to say how extremely grateful I am for you guys to follow this new start up. The fact you guys not only love the prompts but also use them amazes me. I couldn't believe people comment, like, and/or write the prompts. But enough about us. Its about you!
It's time for our Monthly Must Read Nominations!! Obviously this is going to be our first one, so lets make January Must Reads a HUGE KICK OFF! 
Here's How To Nominate:
-Follow this account, Writers of the World, if you haven't already
-Like this post
-Comment below the piece you want to submit (State piece's name, category, Author, & short reason for nomination. Also, a link would be helpful but not necessary!)
Qualifications for Nomination:
-Piece must have at least 3 likes
-Pieces be written in either the month of December 2018 or month of January 2019
-The author must be a WTW memember
-Be it's own post (nothing in the comments of other posts, for example, user-hosted contest where pieces are submitted through comments ARE NOT ALLOWED)
-Most fall in category
Rules:
-You may only nominate 2 pieces
-Has to fit in 1 of the categories
-If you do nominate 2 pieces one may be your own, but the OTHER has to be some one else's
-You may not nominate more than 1 piece of YOUR own work
-Do not comment questions in this post, ask questions in the posts of our prompts
-The piece must not be too sexual and/or contain extremely bad cruse words (PG-13 Please)
-Pieces may not have been part of any WTW competitions (however, they may be ones of user-hosted contests)
-If any rules and/or qualifications aren't met, your nomination does NOT count
Categories:
Humor
Romantic
Action Packed/Flash Fiction
One Liners
Simple/Short but powerful
Tragedy
Novel
Short Story
Lastly:
-All nominations are due by the 31st of January 2019, anything later isn't accepted
-We will secretly pick 3 writers who we believe used our prompts wonderfully, beautifully, and deserve to be recognized
-After all nominations we will go back through and peer review them personally. Then, we'll pick the best from the best and post them all on one page called 'January Must Reads' (which will constantly be reposted)
Please nominate! We do this so writers get recognized, appreciated, and so we can read more pieces of our own and review them to better you guys. Let's make the first nominations legendary!

• rosemarywisdom

I nominate Paperbird's "death of a star". It was incredible and the descriptions were so good! You should read it.

• loveletterstosappho

for my second nomination, i would like to nominate 'loser' by acrosstheskysky (yes, i have a thing for her writing) in the category of tragedy. the usage of parentheses is creative and skillful, layering on even more emotion, with vivid metaphors putting power behind each word.

• Puppet_Master

Nomination #1
    Piece Name: TINY LOVE STORY: LGBTQ+ VERSION
    Author: Puppet_Master (myself)
    Reason: It's relatable for anyone whether your gay or straight. It shows the feeling of talking to your crush.

Nomination #2:
    Piece Name: Ripple Of Light
    Author: Opal Drop
    Reason: It's great with the imaginary. And it just puts on display how to experience life and beauty you have to risk things.

• loveletterstosappho

i would like to nominate 'creature' by acrosstheskysky under the category of 'short yet powerful.' it blends curiosity with resignation in an artful transition in focus as well as skillfully creating vulnerability in a depersonalized character.

• Dmoral13

Path to my Madness ~The Bubbling Pen
    Short Story of Flash Fiction
    This piece is captivating and reels you, keeping you on the edge of your seat.

• nevaredhp

Nomination #1
    Title: Intrusive Thoughts
    Author: Big Blue
    Reason: It touched me. I think we can all relate to having that voice in our heads that we fight with.

Nomination #2
    Title: Addicted
    Author: Xavier Nelson
    Reason: It can be interpreted so many ways. You can read it literally, like it's about a person, or you can read it metaphorically, like it's some other addiction.

I'd like to suggest that maybe next time you do these must-reads, you add a Poetry category, since there is a Novel and a Short Story category.

• Writers of the World

Republish the piece and/or comment it now and people may see it and like the post
    Yes, Jan.2019.

• AbigailSauble

2 questions: 1) What if the piece is so amazingly good, but hardly anyone has noticed it? (meaning, that it has less than 3 likes?) 2) Does the nomination have to be written in January of 2019?

• paperbird

can i change my nomination? i want to swap out "poems, dying" with "learned behavior" by ghostlyglory. category is powerful. this is a beautifully worded poem that twists the reader's senses and toys with the concept of bad habits.

for the short story category, i nominate r.j.elsewhere's piece "He wrote love letters in the stars but she forgot her glasses - it happens." It's a cleverly worded piece with humour and banter, almost like a dance of words. The characters are well defined within their boundaries and the narrative does good work on not straying from it's intended purpose.

for the tragedy category, i nominate loveletterstosappho's piece "carbon monoxide". it's an artfully created piece, my favourite piece of poetry for a long time, filled with intense imagery, wild metaphors and succint allegories. i absolutely loved this piece and it would be amazing to have it projected just a little bit more.

I nominate "cigarettes" by Paperbird. The descriptions are tremendously vivid and real and the story of the poem is both sad and powerful. I suppose that the category would either be Simple But Powerful or Tragedy?

The second piece I nominate is "vampyr" by Oscar_Locke. The category is Simple/Short But Powerful, I think, and the reason I'm nominating it is because it really tugged at my heartstrings and emotions and was absolutely gorgeous.

• paperbird

i'll do this, although i admit that i don't like the fact that follows and likes are mandatory for entrance.

"Stay Awake, or Writing a Poem About Not Sleeping at 3AM, Which Contributes to the Problem I Suppose"
    by RainAndSonder
    vividly thoughtful, artistic, fascinatingly complex, especially for such a simple topic. this poem is rhythmic and tasteful.
    category: simple (couldn't find a better one to fit it under)

i'm also going to nominate one of my own pieces because what the heck i've got an ego.
    "poems, dying"
    by Paperbird
    creates a brief, urgent flow, conveys message well, poetic and thoughtful.
    category: tragedy

• pencils.and.paper.roses

“Paradox” by Silver Pen! Category: not sure, actually XD I guess if there was a miscellaneous category, that’s where it would go.

Any chapter of “Might Be Continued” by Quille. They’re usually pretty short, so probably Flash Fiction for this one. :)

“911, What’s Your Emergency? Penguins?” By me. Also in flash fiction. :)

• AJ - Izzy

Stone
    by user not found
    One Liners
    I loved this piece because it is so simple and yet the meaning goes so many ways! It's a really beautiful piece, and it shows really good emotion and feeling.

Don't Clip My Wings
    by Quille
    Simple/Short but powerful
    I chose this one because it's very relatable and the comparison from learning to fly and writing is so perfect! It flows super nicely and it's beautiful :)

• fatpanda

i.
    the rainbow of their lives by fatpanda (me)
    this is my favourite piece i've ever written, so
    category: tragedy

i'll put the second nomination up later cuz all of my fav pieces have been published before december

A Fanciful Silence
    by The Bubbling Pen
    simple/short but powerful
    I like this piece because of its simple, vivid descriptions, wonderful metaphor usage, and the subtext it uses to tell a bigger story.

The Dock
    by RNE
    tragedy
    This one I love because of the repetition used by the writer and the devastating end of the poem. It's really a beautiful piece.

• Christy Wisdom

a winter forest in 20
    by cosmiclatte

simple/short but powerful
    At first I hadn't realized that this could be any piece nominated, not just one of the prompts, but I decided to add this one because the imagery in it is really good.

• Opal Drop

Worn Red Skates on Dead Grass #cwccompetition
    By Opal Drop
    Humor/Short Story

"You'll never know"
    by stripedfly1001
    Simple/Short by powerful
    My reason is that it is really beautiful and shows happiness the same time as sadness. It is quite a touching piece to read and a little tragic at the end.

• Christy Wisdom

My nomination is this:
    " @WOTW#6 Haiku for the Season" by
    AJ - Izzy
    Simple/Short but powerful
    My reason is that it describes the season wonderfully, and it makes you reflect on how beautiful it is and that we should be thankful for it, I guess.