The critic

The Critic

Rules:
1. I only review writers who follow me
2.I only write the truth - no sugar-coating or bullshit
3.Requests will only happen once a month
4.Don't be fake

The Critic here, coming at you with only the truth and nothing but the truth. You want a review, you follow me - if you follow me, you are opening yourself up to only what's true, honest and real. I do not put up with up writers who think they can do nothing wrong or writers who are rude. My reviews are harsh but fair, detailed but beneficial, and blunt but elevating.

Writers beware.

January's Event

12
Hello Writers,
The Critic here with the first ever event of the month: Random Reviews.

This event is from the 17th of January to the 10th of February. That means 24 writers (one writer per day) will be randomly elected as well as one of their works. The review will be heavily detailed and target both the good and the bad.

I know that I did say that I would start on the 20th of this month but I have decided to start a little early. Hope there isn’t much irritation brought on because of that.

Now, as to why I thought best to put this particular theme in place first is so that all my fellow writers can see just what my Review style is, and to get a taste of my Roger Ebert-like ways. This is also a way for me to study the Write the World Community and grasp what areas I can see to aid in to help you all grow into the future professional Authors that you are. Yes, I may be a harsh critic, yet fear not – I am just as open-minded as I am intimidating, and only do what I deem is best for you, the artist. If after reading my reviews you judge me unfit for a reviewer, you are more than welcome to walk out of this at any time. Nothing will be held against you if so.

Now it’s up to you to remember two things for me:
  1. No matter what, I aim for anything that I am involved in to be a safe place for both the writer and the audience.
  2. I hold my rules to the very highest – and so should you

For more information, my last post goes into further detail as to who I am and what I do.
The Critic's Review System

From one writer to another,
The Critic
Any queries or inputs are welcomed down in the comments.

• paperbird

when does february's event start?

• Onion3102

Just a tad intimidated by this whole system but also intrigued (a lot).

• jengelman

not our homes sandy, Their homes

• The Critic

@RainAndSonder Thank you, and yes, I do have another account on this site. Though it's not in use at the moment, though I do prefer to keep that as well as my identity known. I have made some connections on this site, though I'm sure that most of those writers are no longer on, and the chance of my name slipping, slim.

• RainAndSonder

Nice! This sounds really cool and I think I already said this, but it's great to see writers trying to give feedback back to the community and help others improve.
    Just as a matter of curiosity, were you already a user of Write the World and decided to start this account as a sort of side account, or are you brand new to the website and this is the only account you have on here? Sorry if that was phrased weirdly. It's not related to the event, I was just wondering.

Excited! Thank you very much for doing this :DD
    If I happen to be picked this month, I can take any criticism. :)

• user not found

Fantastic idea! I don't really care if my writing gets reviewed because all my pieces are so short but I'll be curious to see how you'll help other writers improve. :)

• Christy Wisdom

Well, this'll be exciting. Thanks for doing this!!

• paperbird

write the world won't share reviews that are too harsh; they have to approve of submitted reviews first. i'm just saying, you might want to be careful of that. anyway, thank you for doing this!

• Xen

I hope I get picked this month, I'm done with sweetened reviews. Let's see what you've got, Critic.

• The Critic

@Anha To make this selection completely unbiased, I chose to go with a simple yet effective random number generator.

are you using a random number generator to choose the reviews or just picking what you feel like doing? i don't have a problem with either, just curious