Bye2

korra4life

I'm no longer on WtW and have withdrew the majority of my pieces. If you want to get in touch, you can message me on Instagram or my email (found in 'Message from Writer').

Thanks for being around, guys! Keep writing and DFTBA.

"Changing directions in life is not tragic. Losing passion in life is" - Max Lucado. Well... that happened, which is why I'm no longer on WtW. I'll be fine.

Check out my IG (if you want): https://goo.gl/CSk1Dz

Email me if you want collaborations, need reviews, or anything else: farrahgenewriting@gmail.com

Explosion, pt. 2

2
Explosion, pt. 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I was eleven years old, my family moved from Kyoto to Hiroshima. I never wanted to come. Our new house was smaller and sat on a weed-infested lot. I hated it.
The first day of school, I wore a wrinkled green uniform with the brown loafers I found in one of the boxes in my room. I stomped into class and bowed before the teacher, hair falling out of my ponytail. When I stood up straight to face the class, I immediately noticed a boy sitting in the back of the classroom. He was staring out the window, his dark hair framing his face. As he stared, he seemed to be playing an invisible instrument, perhaps a viola. I was mesmerized. But, my teacher put me in the front of the class, so I could never speak to him casually. But, I found out that his name was Nakamura Youta when I paid extra attention to roll call the next morning.
Every day, I watched him, hoping for an insight of his character. He was always quiet, but he never lost the small smile playing against his lips. He would stroll around the halls, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his blazer so his elbows stuck out. And every time we had lunch, he would leave the building, heading outside. I never knew where he went.
~
When I wake up, the world has become millions of disorienting shards of glass. I let out a soft groan and tried to move, but my ankle is stuck under something. I blink a few times to clear my vision before propping myself up with my elbows. Sharp stone cut against my arm and I grit my teeth. 
The store is a mess of ceramic, glass, and stone. Shattered tables and chairs litter the floor. Plants from the garden outside are thrown against walls and stray petals are strewn along the floor randomly. 
The windows have shattered entirely, leaving tiny glass specks against the window frames. Most of the wall is still standing along the entrance side of the store, but where Youta and I was, the stone wall is gone. 
Speaking of, where is Youta?
My eyes dart around the room, a headache pulsing behind them. I see blood splattered in several places, and I try not to look. I try to call out, but my voice fails. Coughing, I choke out, "Youta?" I hear a moan from across the room. 
As my heart races, I attempt to pull my ankle from underneath rubble. I try not to yell, but the pain is too much. So, I yell. I yell and I scream and I cry in frustration as I tug at my buried foot. 
I am stuck. My ankle is pinned beneath a small pile of stone, glass, and the table Youta and I were hiding under. I am stuck. I am engaged to a man that I barely know, who didn't show up for our engagement party, and who is probably dead. I am stuck. I have always been stuck in situations that I could not control. I am sick of always being stuck.
I fall on my side and let out deep, ragged breaths. I shouldn't be surprised. No one should, actually. I know that I'm not that only one who has been waiting for the bombs to drop. Not after what happened to the other cities. I roll onto back when I hear movement to my other side. Turning my head slowly, pieces of glass piercing my face, I see one of the girls that was seated at a table by the order counter. Blood is dripping down her face from a deep wound in her head and she had several cuts over her body. But that was it. She seems fine. 
"Are y-y-you alright?" she whispers, her lips trembling. Her eyes were wide with shock and she shook all over. I nod and try to get back up, but I have no more strength. She glances at where my leg disappears beneath the rubble. "I'm Amie. I-I-I can help. Just hold on." 
She scoots toward my ankle, glass being crushed beneath her weight. She slips her hands beneath the stone and groans as she tries to lift it. Several times, she tries. And several times, the stone barely moves. 
"Let me help," I croak from my hoarse throat. I sit up slowly, trying to keep from becoming dizzy. Leaning as far forward as possible, I push against the stone angrily. With both of our strength, the stone shifts upward slightly. I pull my leg toward me, and most comes out. But not my shoe. With a grunt, I yank my foot free of those God-forsaken heels. 
Amie and I both let go of the stone, letting it thump against the ground. My foot is red and the skin is rough and chafed. I rub it gently before attempting to stand. Glass pierces my heel and toes. I wince and take a slow step forward. Amie follows me as I call out for Youta. Another groan from across the room reaches me. I limp across the wreckage, avoiding glances at the broken bodies and dripping blood strewn about. 
Amie lets out a sudden sob. I turn to see her hands pressed against her mouth. Her body trembles as she stares at something to her side. I look and gasp, taking a step back. Another girl (perhaps her friend?) sits with her blank eyes open and mouth gaping wide. Wet tears mix with blood on her face, slowly making a tiny puddle on her blouse. But what's most shocking is the bent metal pole of a table impaling the girl beneath her chest. A pool of blood spreads out beneath the body, slowly making its way toward us. 
I grab Amie's arm and pull her away, stepping over debris. I try to blink away the tears in my eyes to find Youta. Even if he's dead, I have to at least find him.

• January 17, 2019 - 7:47am (Now Viewing)

• korra4life

Well, you'll find out in the next part. But when the bomb dropped, she was already under the table. Youta wasn't completely under yet. He was able to be thrown farther from where Youta and Kei were originally.

• Mary Wall

I really love this story, even though I haven't read Mission. ( Which I should probably do, now that I think about it.) One thing, she was with Youta when the bomb dropped. How did he disappear like that?

• korra4life

That'll really be hectic. And really? I'll definitely read it!

I've also been trying to review daily... but it's been more like one every two or three days :) I better get them all done before my contest ends, otherwise that'll be hectic :).
    Also, I have decided to continue that Beauty & the Beast retelling and now there's five parts up :)

• korra4life

Don't worry about it! The reviews I promised my contest winners are taking forever too. I'm trying to do one daily, but that plan isn't working out well, XD. I'll get them done before January ends, for sure

I can't wait! :DDD
    Also, Never Forgotten is really cool and the review for it should be coming your way soonish? I'm sorry it's taking me so long, but I'm working on a lot of reviews at the moment :DD

• korra4life

Awesome :D
    Mais... my history is a bit skewed. Not too bad, though. When I try to conform things to specific historic events, I get stories like 'Never Forgotten.'
    Anywho, Youta is MIA right now. We'll find out his fate in the next part ;D

I didn't actually think the blood was excessive :D
    If Youta is dead though................. I still love this :DDDD
    As far as I know, the history aspect of this is really good, but who says you can't bend it? ;D

• korra4life

And I will neither affirm nor deny if Youta is dead... :D

• korra4life

I'm going to try to make this as historically accurate as possible. There may be some differences in what really happened and my story because I wasn't really there. But I'll do my best.
    Thank you so much for your comment! I know, the blood was excessive, but I wanted to experiment with a little gore.

Wow! Every time I read one of your pieces, I just feel like wow :)
    I love how you used the flashback to tell the backstory of Youta and Kei. It was really well done and a good place to pick up from where the last piece left off.
    I loved reading this a lot (even with all the blood ;) and I like how you tied it in with the last series; it's solid, creatively awesome, and I'm assuming historically accurate :DDDD
    Um, if you killed Youta..............