paperbird

i'm so sorry, but i hope you can understand.
continue giving each other feedback and contributing to writing prompts and contests. i don't want to discourage these ideas at all. i'm just stressed at the moment.

what happened to corner writing club?

25
yes, i know that the club has been inactive for a month now.  people have been asking me---when will january reviewing assignments come out?  what about the competition that goes to february?  i myself am driven a little mad by it---if there's one thing i can't stand, it's inconsistency.  and yet here i am, writing an apology letter to the group to which i promised my service.  in truth, i failed this promise.
lately i've felt like my life is barred by my responsibilities.  i'm already anchored in education, music, social dynamic, and sports (kidding... did you seriously think i would do sports?  i do exercise, though).  write the world used to be more of a free-form place, where i'd write if i felt like it or if i was bored.  then corner writing club was established.  then i started promising people reviews.  suddenly it felt as though every day i was forced into the website, forced to write new prompts, or to finish reviewing assignments, or to get to stupid part five of letters of víðir.
starting december 26, i went on vacation for two weeks.  and that was my excuse--i'll finish l.o.v. when i get back.  i'll do my reviews when i get back.  corner writing club?  when i get back, of course.
guess what?  i'm back now.  i've been back for over a week.
i don't want another responsibility.  i was nearly beginning to dislike write the world for it.  if you look at my last few pieces, they're all random poems i wrote spontaneously.  and i like living that way---spontaneously, where i'm not tethered to a club or a series or reviews.
so i'm not going to be hosting corner writing club anymore.  and i'm really, really sorry.  because i realize that that club was successful, that there were a lot of connections made via reviewing assignments.  i don't want to discourage these ideas---if you miss cwc, by all means, make your own writing club.  it's not so hard.
obviously i'm not the only host of cwc.  and you can ask rainandsonder what their plans are, but i think we're both taking a break.
and yes, i will be contacting the people that i owe reviews, to make sure that gets sorted out.
again, i'm really sorry.

• CreativeAngel

You seem to have been gone for quite a while :(
    You made a great impact on here. I hope you come back one day but life gets to all of us, it'll get to me one day too. I love your writing, it was anything but stupid. I miss the old times as well. It's more about likes and competitions and reviews and I've been thinking of backing away. I myself disappeared and I came back to see so many gone that I couldn't even say goodbye too. Pretty sad. I wish yo a great life! I pray that one day all these wtw members could meet up, for old times sake. I'll always remember you paperbird. You are an inspiration. Thank you :) <3

• LyraLynne

Take time for you! We support you! Writing should not be a forceful thing.

• palindrome

No problem at all!

• SuperKewlKiwi

it is alright

• The Dreamer

I completly understand. I have actually been feeling the same way for a while. I always wondered how you did it. How most people do. They have sports and dance and art and then we are still expected to keep our grades up. I know what it feels like not having enough time to do the things you like. So although it makes me really sad if this is what you need to do, go ahead,. But never stop writing or doing what you love. The other things don't matter ( okay school and studies and excercise matter, but you know what I mean). I personally am always struggling to kepp my life in balance because I seem to be interested in 90% of things. So I wish you luck nd may your journey be easier and shorter than my never ending one!

• The Bubbling Pen

Your work is so amazing, so keep writing when you feel like it <3 Let your thoughts flow without the stress and thank you for being an amazing part of Corner Writing Club :D

• Aihpos

I'm honestly shocked anyone could pull anything remotely close to this off. It's obviously very hard, and I would have ENORMOUS writers' block from the responsibility of coming up with prompt after contest after review. You did such a good job, and you definitely deserve to stop it after all that work. Thanks so much for creating something like that! It was so fun, and it really showed what a wonderful and kind community Write the World really is. I'm so glad I got to take part in it!

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

*GASP* You were Corner Writing Club?!

• paperbird

@fatpanda of course! thank you for contributing to this community! i'll check it out.

• fatpanda

hey i was missing cwc, so i went ahead and made another club. i hope you're fine with that.
    here's the link https://writetheworld.com/profiles/36723/published

• Onion3102

You shouldn't apologise- you really have put in your best into the club and your own writing. I know it can feel like a drag to be publishing prompts and pieces that aren't what you feel is the best (After all, I still haven't completed your reviews yet sorryyyy). As others have previously said, it was a wise decision to wrap it up and I appreciate all of your hard work that has been into the club!

• Kahasai

Thanks for telling us. :)

• nevaredhp

Wise decision to back away Paperbird. It's not worth it to stress yourself out. Write free <3 you'll be okay, and I think I speak for everyone when I say we respect you for knowing your limits.

• kaydenblue

You don't need to apologise! It's understandable that work gets too much sometimes. Don't worry about it. Thank you for everything you've done for CWC, you've done an amazing job, and good luck for everything you're doing!

• mossmachinery

I'm certain that we all understand and are aware of the pressure of running CWC, especially since your following increased so quickly. You don't owe us anything, and I'm grateful to you for connecting so many people on an otherwise detached site. It was a wonderful idea, and thanks to you, I was able to find so many amazing writers. Best of luck in your future endeavours!

• ryxxry

It is fine! I understand because I'm going through the same thing. It is hard to keep up with WtW and all the other things in life I have going on. I am going to miss the club, but if letting it go is best for you than that is better.

• Araw

It's okay! I was beginning to get worried because of the sheer amount of followers the club was gaining and subsequent work you'd have to put in. If it was me, I wouldn't be able to take it for as long as you did. Do whatever makes you happy and if it's not hosting this club, then so be it. I loved being in the club and I'm glad you managed it for as long as you did. Thank you for everything you did in keeping it all together!

• majestically awkward manatee

I totally understand how you feel. I owe so many people reviews because of my contests. I loved the idea of hosting a contest, but then realized that I wouldn't have enough time to give out the prizes. I just filled out the form thing for joining a week ago I think. It seemed like such a great idea, and I was super excited to join, but don't feel sorry. Everyone has those moments in their lives. Hope you get everything sorted out successfully <3 Good luck! :)

Understanding totally, but I will really miss that club :)
    Be spontaneous :DDD It's good for you :D
    I will disagree with you only that l.o.v. is not stupid. You don't have to put up more if you don't want to, but it's not stupid :DDD

you owe nothing to anyone but yourself. making this conscious decision to do what you want to do and not because you *have to* is a great independent action to take, and i hope it'll lead you to greater places. cwc was fun while it lasted, but god knows ive been avoiding reviews for the last few months haha. as long as you stay here, you'll always have a community that respects your decisions. living spontaneously is the best way to live, and everybody deserves a chance to do so.

• Dummie

Please don't apologize! I completely understand! To be honest, I wasn't sure if I would be able to complete the January reviewing assignments had you posted them. School, and music, and the stress of extracurriculars all affect me too (as I believe I have ranted to you on multiple occasions) so don't you (or RainAndSonder) feel the LEAST bit guilty about this! WtW should be a place to write freely (SFOW) and come and go as you please, not a place where you feel like you are obligated to log on and post things every day.
    <3

• AbigailSauble

Sometimes life happens. ;)

• Catlover

Np, its okay. :)