New pfp for byd

b-yootifuldreamer

Hoi! I'm b-yootifuldreamer, call me BD for short! 10-20 // female // hopes to get published someday! Sorry I have no Idea how to respond to comments but know that I see them and read them and appreciate them!

Yay for Benny!

ℂhicken Wars ~ Chapter Eight

3
Very curious as to why I dug through the leaves and decided to instead hop along the low tree branches so a toad wouldn’t see me coming.
Fluttering my wings neatly I jumped and landed on a stiff branch.
I scanned the ground and searched for the spotted back that all toads have.
While racing through the trees, I noticed a spotty back. I leaped down and dug my claws in, hoping I had passed, when I realized I was gripping a small chick. It was covered in a dark brown color and hundreds of black spots.
The chick peeped and I let go, uttering a gentle apology band started to continue before realizing that it was strange for a chick to be out in the woods.
Rushing back, I picked up speed and leaped into the air, beating my wings I touched down right next to the chick. It looked up curiously and said a pleasant hello.
“Who are you?” I ask it gently, using a higher pitch when I talk so to soothe it. It tilted its head.
“My name is Benny! Are you City Slicker? I’m on Personnel. Please don’t eat me. I don’t taste very good. I-” I cut Benny off.
“My name is Strawberry. I’m not sure what you’re talking about, and I wouldn’t eat you if I was paid a gazillion seeds.” Benny’s eyes gleam. I can sense a wildness in him none of us have, and I ask him, “Benny, can I see your home?” He nods and I follow him as he trips over logs and falls into puddles.
Turns out his feathers are really a pale gray, he’s just muddy from exploring.
My heartstrings are tugged every time he stumbles, but I know better.
He must learn.
Learn what? My brain asks, and I tell it to mind its own business.
Benny finally stumbles into a soft leafy tunnel, and motions for me to continue through it.
When I walk through, I am amazed. A shimmering waterfall flows down a rocky hill, and a wide camp is spread over the soft grassy bank. I see huts that bob in the trees, they look like hanging tents. I want to know immediately why they are up there because no chicken can jump that high. Benny explains that some chickens can fly, and I decided to try. Beating my wings, I am surprised when I lift off, and Benny gasps. “What?” I ask him, still winded from my brief flight.
“You’re a flier!” He places his tiny wings lower, in a hands-on-your-hips motion.
“What does that mean?” He knocks on my skull.
“Idiot! It means you can fly!” I blink.
“Oh. Duh. But why is that important?”
“You have a power! They are very good! And you can help!”
Benny may or may not fall in love with Strawberry :)

• January 12, 2019 - 10:23am (Now Viewing)

Interesting! :DD