b-yootifuldreamer

Hoi! I'm b-yootifuldreamer, call me BD for short! 10-20 // female // hopes to get published someday! Sorry I have no Idea how to respond to comments but know that I see them and read them and appreciate them!

Strawberry bugs Violet lots after this, but skips so you don't get bored. Expect more soon!

ℂhicken Wars ~ Chapter Five

3
In the morning we get taken outside. There are three tan yet fat hens. I know immediately that they are Buff Orpingtons.
They introduce themselves.
“Hello, I’m Mr. Pex!” she grins.
“Mr?” I say. “But aren’t you a girl?”
She gave me a eyeroll. “I was named by an idiot.”
The second was all over us, gently preening our downy feathers and pressing herself against us. “Hi! I’m Vera Bradley. I was named for the person who named me’s favorite store.”
13 piped up, “that explanation makes no sense.” I shush him.
The third fixes us with a cold stare. Her comb flops over her face, in a way that makes us assume she was once sick. She mumbles, “how you know if dey ain’t City Slicker? Or Dawn Rise? Dey could be ‘spyin!”
Mr. Pex seemed mildly annoyed. “Shuddup Violet. It’s not like you think they could spy, right? They are chicks!”
Violet still stared us down.
I clucked with nervousness. Vera Bradley looked at Violet, her glare was a glare that could kill.
“Violet, why all the ridiculous ideas. You should be comforting them, instead of accusing them of things impossible to know about when you come from the eggstore. They are small and frightened, and the only reason chickens from here join City Slicker is because of you!”
Violet scraped her foot against the dirt, and a low growling sound came from her throat. “Don’t accuse me. Harvey left on his own will. It wasn’t my fault.” she paused, muttering aggressively. “Vera, Harvey wasn’t even a chicken. He was a duck.”
“That wouldn’t matter. The fact that he left is your fault. Own it like a big girl, or leave. We don’t need this every time we have new arrivals. So shut up.” Mr. Pex muttered. Vera Bradley looked triumphat, but I shrunk. Did I just cause an argument? Yeah, I had, and I caused many more.
Violet stalked off, muttering.
I watched her nervously, and walked closer to Vera, and crouched under her, shuddering.
Their voices:
Mr. Pex: A heavy British one
Vera Bradley: Flirty and girlish, very sassy and fake.
Violet: a growly western accent.
Strawberry: slightly Irish, but mostly American (Accentless)
The rest: To be determined

• January 12, 2019 - 9:21am (Now Viewing)

• b-yootifuldreamer

You'd be surprised. things are not always what they seem >:)

I don't really like Violet and am guessing she's the villainy chicken of the flock :) I like Mr. Pex though and Harvey (who I know isn't even in it yet, but who could not like ducks? :DDD

• b-yootifuldreamer

Quille: Yes I do have chickens, and those are their names. I actually am writing this to honour my chicken, Strawberry, after she passed away. The way she dies will be the same in both real life and the stories.