Ruthh

‘Well, once there was only dark. If you ask me, the light's winning.’

she/her | 17 | lover of books and films | ravenclaw | seer of breath | chaotic neutral | nikolai lantsov + loki stan

WTW community ambassador alum

putting such an important message in 100 words were hard but i encourage all of you lovely people to look in the mirror and realise how bloody gorgeous you are

If You Can't Love Yourself How In The Hell Are You Gonna Love Somebody Else?

It's been a while since I've looked in the mirror. 

I was always ashamed of what I saw - my body was not like the ones in all the magazines; my skin not smooth, my stomach not flat, my hair not glossy and my teeth not straight. 

It hurt to see such ugliness staring back at me. 

But now, I stand in front of my reflection and look myself in the eye. I am not my flaws: imperfection doesn't exist. I am a good person who has many good qualities, and the world does not define me. 

"I love myself."
thanks to RuPaul for the title of this piece ;)))) SELF LOVE IS IMPORTANT SOCIETY SUCKS AND THE MODELS YOU SEE ARE NOT REAL LIFE BE HEALTHY BE HAPPY BE YOURSELF 

• paperbird

very true. but this is much easier said than done. i think the true way to get rid of all of the hatred is to stop pushing societal norms, so that there will be no hatred in the first place.

• Dummie

I love this. There needs to be more of these messages in the world! <3

• Johanna

So sweet thanks for this :3 :3 :3

• Riley Noel

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! Self love is the most important kind of love :)

Good job with this! You got your message in there perfectly :D