R.j.Elsewhere

꧁ i write for myself ꧂

18
Italian
Bi
Catholic but also a witch(?)

Man, I’ve been here since the summertime of ‘17. Ik, I’m way too old for this shit.

Also:
•#BlackLivesMatter
•I don’t fuck with any forms of transphobia or homophobia
•don’t follow me or like any of my work if you’re racist or sexist

Thank you

He wrote love letters in the stars but she forgot her glasses - it happens.

23
The bar was buzzed on the drops of old 20’s Jazz and the talk of heels on floorboards. Some draped cigars off the edge of their full lips, purring wisps of white and nicotine in the warmth of the air. Others gnawed on pistachios shells and nursed the taste of salt and rum on the pale of their gums.

“Well, darlin’,” charmed Fate, “what did I tell ya? We’re written in the stars, you and me. It’s destiny.”

The night was one of youth and gamble – yet all those who stepped foot through the tavern’s doors where ones of forever and eternal; ones that were young in the face yet eon in the eyes.

Coincidence moaned, “Oh please. This is nothing but a fluke.”

Fate gave a lazed chuckle and took his beer bottle by the mouthful, “really now? What’s with you and all this not believing that everything ain’t on purpose?” Fate teased, “When was the last time me and you were in the same country, in the same state, in the same bar, sipping on the same goddamn drink. Face it darlin’, we’re meant to be.”

Suddenly the alcohol on Coincidence’s lips turned to vinegar, “an odd and rare turn of events, I must agree. But, darlin’, this is nothing more than a foray of ill-luck on my behalf; but trust me, an accident like this will not be happening again.”

While silence blessed both tongue and ear for them, it soiled the ease in the air for all. Carving something once drunkenly delightful into a stale, solemn thing.

“One day, Coincidence,” whispered Fate, “you will believe in me. I just know it.”

Coincidence retorted with a smile, “and one day, Fate – you will hate me, it just happens.”

What a funny thing, really; for Fate to love Coincidence, but Coincidence to hate to be loved by Fate. Maybe it was dumb luck – maybe it was good fortune.

Or maybe it was just them.
This is inspired by a tumblr post i stumbled upon waaaay back when I had tumblr. I don't have the link but I do have the person's username if you wanna go check it out - which you really should considering it's actual gold - here it is:

Username: eternallyobsessed. 

1

• Tula.S

amazing. this is so smart and the description is VIVID.

this is so clever! i love the imagery! and yeah, the characters are really vivid. keep writing! <3

wow, i love this piece... the characters are so vivid! awesome!!!

• Ashleigh2403

the title especially

• Ashleigh2403

I love this piece!

• Kenny

Oh I love this so much, and the title is hilarious!!

• Onion3102

Omg I remember seeing that post!- You have used that as a prompt so well. Congratulations on another amazing piece

• paperbird

this is art, truly

• R.j.Elsewhere

@nezi_nes when liquor (I imagined coincidence both wine and beer - an odd mix but whatever) and alcohol goes off it turns into vinegar. So basically Fate put a bad taste in their mouth.

• Johanna

Ahh this is such a cool idea!! And it's super well written! :3

• nezi_nes

@Araw I also imagined Fate in a southern drawl haha. The characters and the turn of events are original and unique, and imagery of the setting is so real...how. What did you mean by the alcohol turning into vinegar? Didn't quite catch that.

oof your writing never ceases to amaze, every word carefully scripted, coincidence not wanting to give fate a chance, and fate remaining faithful to what he knows will be. d a m n this is g o o d.

p.s. i lost my shit when it said "coincidence moaned" for some reason

• Secret Rose

And I don’t think your writing is terrible-it’s quite good!

• Secret Rose

I really love the third paragraph; it’s so sentimental and creative! Great job!

• Araw

Fate has a southern drawl and I'm loving it.