spearmint

Write free

As Cold as Stone (Chapter 10)

1
    I wake up, my chest heaving, my breaths heavy. Something's wrong. I can just feel it. I walk down the stairs, not caring if my footfalls are loud. The house is silent, and empty. I reach the bottom of the stairs, and flick the light switch. There is nothing unusual. And then I see it.

A drop of blood.

My eyes search ahead, my body following. I find the next drop. And the one after. The drops of blood are starting to become more frequent. Red-brown, and still wet. Fresh. Someone was here very recently. The blobs of red are more like a smudge now, as if someone was dragged here. I wind through the house, past the guest rooms, and the play rooms that have been untouched for years. I walk into a corridor, and the blood trail leads to the door on my right. I gulp.

This is a dead end. Whatever went wrong, it is here. I place my hand on the doorknob and turn it. Push. The sight I see frightens me. Mom lies unmoving on the floor, her throat slit, just like Dad's
Maybe that was a bit short, but I had to. Hope it wasn't too bad. Sorry if you didn't want that to happen!!

• spearmint

Yeah, schoolwork's been increasing a lot, but it's the weekend, so I should be able to get it out kind of soon.

Uh-oh! I have a feeling something bad's in store for Ian... or Amy... or both!
    I wanted to let you know that I'm really loving this story a lot and I can't wait until the next chapter comes out! (But I have a feeling I'm going to have to wait :DD