Screen shot 2019 02 21 at 5.38.11 pm

spearmint

Write free

I'm one of the many writers on this site who's left because of what I believe is unfair censorship. A few of my works have been taken down for mentioning, but not promoting things like suicide. This has happened to other writers too. I'll admit that it's kind of stubborn of me to just leave, but this issue is not something that I want to put up with. I'm not protesting WtW; it's just not the right place for me. If you want, you can find me on theprose.com. I have the exact same username, so it shouldn't be too hard.

As Cold as Stone (Chapter 10)

1
    I wake up, my chest heaving, my breaths heavy. Something's wrong. I can just feel it. I walk down the stairs, not caring if my footfalls are loud. The house is silent, and empty. I reach the bottom of the stairs, and flick the light switch. There is nothing unusual. And then I see it.

A drop of blood.

My eyes search ahead, my body following. I find the next drop. And the one after. The drops of blood are starting to become more frequent. Red-brown, and still wet. Fresh. Someone was here very recently. The blobs of red are more like a smudge now, as if someone was dragged here. I wind through the house, past the guest rooms, and the play rooms that have been untouched for years. I walk into a corridor, and the blood trail leads to the door on my right. I gulp.

This is a dead end. Whatever went wrong, it is here. I place my hand on the doorknob and turn it. Push. The sight I see frightens me. Mom lies unmoving on the floor, her throat slit, just like Dad's
Maybe that was a bit short, but I had to. Hope it wasn't too bad. Sorry if you didn't want that to happen!!

• spearmint

Yeah, schoolwork's been increasing a lot, but it's the weekend, so I should be able to get it out kind of soon.

Uh-oh! I have a feeling something bad's in store for Ian... or Amy... or both!
    I wanted to let you know that I'm really loving this story a lot and I can't wait until the next chapter comes out! (But I have a feeling I'm going to have to wait :DD