Screen shot 2019 02 21 at 5.38.11 pm

spearmint

Write free

I'm one of the many writers on this site who's left because of what I believe is unfair censorship. A few of my works have been taken down for mentioning, but not promoting things like suicide. This has happened to other writers too. I'll admit that it's kind of stubborn of me to just leave, but this issue is not something that I want to put up with. I'm not protesting WtW; it's just not the right place for me. If you want, you can find me on theprose.com. I have the exact same username, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Contest

14
Okay, so I decided, "I've written 21 pieces, why not host a contest!?" so I would really appreciate it if I could get some entries.

I want you to write an emotional narrative, nothing too personal, please. It can be a quick moment or a take place over a longer time period, but I ask that you make the text not too short, or too long. Maybe between 400-600 words? If you decide to join, please tell me in the comments and give this piece a like. Tag your piece #spearmintcontest. Your prizes will be as such:

1st place: 4 reviews on pieces of your choice,  5 likes, and a follow

2nd place: 3 reviews on pieces of your choice, 4 likes, and a follow

3rd place: 2 reviews on pieces of your choice, 3 likes

I will make a document with all your pieces, and winners get a shout-out.

I wish you all best of luck!!

I have not decided a due date yet, I will publish a piece with a deadline when I have decided that I have enough entries. I will only look at one copy of your piece, so if you republish it, delete the older copy and let me know!

Please try to make all content appropriate, 'cause I am pretty young...
I'm giving this a try, let's see how this goes.

• spearmint

okay, great!! And yes, only one. If you change it or republish it, I want to know, and if you change your contest entry, tell me about that as well.

• weirdo

Srry I forgot the hashtag! Here's the updated version:

• weirdo

Can we only enter once?

• weirdo

Here's mine:

• Xavier Nelson

Here you go c:

• spearmint

Actually, you know what I don't care how many words it is!!! Also @Xavier Nelson, it's alright!! Just as long as you let me know when you're done!!

• Xavier Nelson

I'm gonna change my entry ^^ Sorry for the inconvenience

Is 694 words too long? I think I might have an entry... :)

• spearmint

Sure, it's all right if it's fiction, just make me think it's real.

• Xavier Nelson

Is it fine if it's fiction then? (Since you said you'd like it to be true) I came up with a good idea x3

• spearmint

Just emotional. I want to be able to feel whatever you feel, be it sorrow or happiness. Good luck!

• horsiegirl

So should it be sad emotional? Or just an emotional experience of any kind? Because I have two stories that could fit that second category.

• AbigailSauble

I'll give this a go. =)

• Johanna

Hmm, I thought I was already following you. I'll try to think of something for this! Also, I'm glad you like Haemolacria! Sorry it's so long- it's an excerpt from my novel, basically.

• AJ - Izzy

Hmm, I'd like to give it a try! It's an interesting prompt, I'm excited :)

• Julius Caesar

*cracks knuckles* I like a good challenge. I don't usually write narratives.

• Ryder

I will definitely give this one a try!

• spearmint

I would like if this were true, but you can exaggerate a bit.

• catgirl_55555

so this is a narrative that is emotional but doesnt have to be personally true, right?

• spearmint

No, it's alright! If you win, it will be because of your work, and not favouritism. I encourage you to join and am excited to see what you do (if you do join).

• Opal Drop

This is cool, am I allowed to participate lol? You know what, I won't in case I win, then it might make you look bad, so I will honorably remove myself from participation in this lovely contest. Make sure to repost 100+ times!!