spearmint

Write free

Contest

14
Okay, so I decided, "I've written 21 pieces, why not host a contest!?" so I would really appreciate it if I could get some entries.

I want you to write an emotional narrative, nothing too personal, please. It can be a quick moment or a take place over a longer time period, but I ask that you make the text not too short, or too long. Maybe between 400-600 words? If you decide to join, please tell me in the comments and give this piece a like. Tag your piece #spearmintcontest. Your prizes will be as such:

1st place: 4 reviews on pieces of your choice,  5 likes, and a follow

2nd place: 3 reviews on pieces of your choice, 4 likes, and a follow

3rd place: 2 reviews on pieces of your choice, 3 likes

I will make a document with all your pieces, and winners get a shout-out.

I wish you all best of luck!!

I have not decided a due date yet, I will publish a piece with a deadline when I have decided that I have enough entries. I will only look at one copy of your piece, so if you republish it, delete the older copy and let me know!

Please try to make all content appropriate, 'cause I am pretty young...
I'm giving this a try, let's see how this goes.

• spearmint

okay, great!! And yes, only one. If you change it or republish it, I want to know, and if you change your contest entry, tell me about that as well.

• weirdo

Srry I forgot the hashtag! Here's the updated version:

• weirdo

Can we only enter once?

• weirdo

Here's mine:

• Xavier Nelson

Here you go c:

• spearmint

Actually, you know what I don't care how many words it is!!! Also @Xavier Nelson, it's alright!! Just as long as you let me know when you're done!!

• Xavier Nelson

I'm gonna change my entry ^^ Sorry for the inconvenience

Is 694 words too long? I think I might have an entry... :)

• spearmint

Sure, it's all right if it's fiction, just make me think it's real.

• Xavier Nelson

Is it fine if it's fiction then? (Since you said you'd like it to be true) I came up with a good idea x3

• spearmint

Just emotional. I want to be able to feel whatever you feel, be it sorrow or happiness. Good luck!

• horsiegirl

So should it be sad emotional? Or just an emotional experience of any kind? Because I have two stories that could fit that second category.

• AbigailSauble

I'll give this a go. =)

• Johanna

Hmm, I thought I was already following you. I'll try to think of something for this! Also, I'm glad you like Haemolacria! Sorry it's so long- it's an excerpt from my novel, basically.

• AJ - Izzy

Hmm, I'd like to give it a try! It's an interesting prompt, I'm excited :)

• Julius Caesar

*cracks knuckles* I like a good challenge. I don't usually write narratives.

• Ryder

I will definitely give this one a try!

• spearmint

I would like if this were true, but you can exaggerate a bit.

• etheryal

so this is a narrative that is emotional but doesnt have to be personally true, right?

• spearmint

No, it's alright! If you win, it will be because of your work, and not favouritism. I encourage you to join and am excited to see what you do (if you do join).

• Opal Drop

This is cool, am I allowed to participate lol? You know what, I won't in case I win, then it might make you look bad, so I will honorably remove myself from participation in this lovely contest. Make sure to repost 100+ times!!