E7e9a773 fddd 4bd8 bc37 7ea2c78871fd

Riley Noel

Adventurer
Daydreamer
Future horse trainer
IMF Agent
Rebel Spy
Demon Hunter
Possible Demigod
Maybe a Shadowhunter
A proud Gryffindor
Dean and Sam Winchester (older brothers)
In love with
Bucky Barnes
Indiana Jones

Okay I know this was only supposed to be one paragraph but I got a little carried away with the story and my characters. I hope you guys like it and any suggestion/feedback are much appreciated!

My Star

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

2
   Sunlight danced along my pillow as it filtered through my pale curtains. I pulled the covers over my head as a voice groaned softly by my ear. 
" Good-morning doll," he said. He wrapped his arm tighter around me pulling me closer to his warm body. I giggled softly curling into his embrace. 
 " You know I was thinking," he said softly. " Why don't we just run away somewhere for the day". 
"Where would we go?" I asked. 
"Anywhere," he said. I twisted around so I could face him. His soft blue eyes were pleading, his wavy blonde hair was messily thrown, but his smile was bright and mischiefs. He propped himself up on his elbow, tucking a strand of my hair away. 
"Maybe if we run they won't find us, " he said. I blinked.
" Who won't find us?" His smile dipped and his eyes flicked to the wall behind me. 
" Don't forget I love you," he said. Planting a kiss on my forehead. Before I could respond he faded away along with the room.
    I was sitting on a cold stone floor, white walls with swirly letters surrounded me. I jumped up and raced to the window. Outside was a park with trees, benches, and flower beds. A few older men in hospital gowns wondered about, nurses walking beside them. I jumped back as a door opened at the other end of my room.
" Hello Alice its time for your breakfast," a woman said. Barely looking up from the tray she was carrying. I looked around for the person she was talking to, but there was no one else. My heart was hammering in my chest and my mind was racing. Why was this women calling me Alice? Who was the man in my dream? Why did he want us to run away? Why can't I remember my name? 
"
Alice are you okay?" the women asked. She set the tray on a small table next to the door. She approached me slowly like I was a cornered animal. 
"Did you have another dream?" She asked. Another dream. I had no idea what she was talking about. It must have shown on my face because the women stopped walking towards me. 
"Oh sweetheart, its okay you have to let him go". Let who go? The world was starting to spin, too many questions building in my mind. I gripped the edge of the window sill as I started to sway on my feet. The women rushed towards me. I noticed her name tag read Gina. 
"Its okay Alice you're going to be okay," She whispered. My eyes were getting heavy as she guided me to the floor, laying me flat on my back. She said some things into a pager that I couldn't hear over the sound of waves crashing against a shore. 
 " Alice," Gina said. But I could barely hear it the room started to spin and the waves got louder and louder until.
   "Are you dizzy yet doll?" I opened my eyes to find the same boy from this morning standing across from me holding my hands. 
 "One more time," I said. He laughed, it was a beautiful sound, like soft wind chimes. He gently pulled me closer and gripped my hips. I placed my hands on his broad shoulders as he lifted me up and spun me around wildly. He set me down gently wrapping his arms around me tight. I buried my face in his neck breathing in his saltwater sunshine smell. 
 "Don't let me go," I whispered. 
 "Never," he whispered back. I closed my eyes as he kissed my neck, and the world faded away. 
  "Alice, can you hear me?" I opened my eyes again and found myself on a hard hospital bed. Gina was staring down at me worriedly. I nodded slowly. She smiled sadly.
  "The doctor says you can go back to your room as soon as you feel up to it,'" I nodded again. Gine patted my arm gently and turned to leave.
 "Gina," I rasped. My voice was dry and rough like I hadn't used it. Gina turned back to me, surprise painted in her eyes. 
 " Can we go for a walk instead?" She bit her lip, glancing at the open door. 
 "Please," I added. She smiled.
 "Sure dear". We walked out to the park in silence. The walk hadn't been very far but I was already out of breath. My thin legs shaking slightly from the effort. I spotted a bench a few feet away and slowly headed for it. 
 "Gina," I said once we had sat down. "Why can't I remember who I am?" Gina's face crumpled.
 "You had a dream again didn't you?" I nodded unsure how to explain. She sighed softly. 
 "The boy in your dreams his name was Jason." Jason. His name was so familiar but it didn't fit the boy in my dreams. Maybe I had called him something else, just as he had called me doll. 
 " He was a member of a violent criminal crew, at least he was. Until one day he got beat up bad and was rushed to a hospital where you were interning," she continued. A picture flashed across my mind. The boy, Jason, covered in blood wincing in pain but never screaming. His bloody jacket was thrown over a white chair. 
 "You two fell in love eventually," she said with a small smile aimed at me. I blushed looking away. More images flashed. Jason, leafing through a book laughing, racing down a hallway with crutches, raiding a vending machine until our arms were full, a fight in the rain. 
 "He turned over a new leaf, came clean about all the crimes. Because he was young and had only ever been an accessory, he was granted only a few months probation. He was going to try out for the police force, or become a lawyer." Gina stopped closing her eyes for a moment as if telling the story hurt her. 
"You guys went on a three-month long vacation before school started again for you. You were going to travel the whole country. You had just got back, he was walking you home from a concert," she paused again. I felt like the memories were just out of my reach. Every time I tried to grasp one it hid behind a wall. 
 "Please go on," I whispered. 
 " A few members of his old crew had escaped prosecution. They jumped you and dragged you into a back lot. You got beat up pretty bad," she said looking at me as tears slid down her cheeks. " But they weren't there for you, they were there for him. They killed him." I stared at my hands. Had that really happened to me, had I been--- before I could finish the thought Gina placed her hand in mine. 
 "When the police found you-you were holding onto Jason's body but refused to speak. When you did it was in bits and pieces," I looked up at her, she met my gaze with so much pain. "You couldn't remember the attack."  But I did remember. I remembered the soft city lights, a warm hand holding tight to mine. I remembered screaming, kicking, bitting. I remembered the blood, the pain, the hands roaming all over me. I remembered crying, the threats, the lies, the promises, the pain. I remembered his body. His bloodied, broken, beautiful body, tossed across the pavement like trash. 
 "Don't leave me," I whispered as I pulled his head into my lap. Blood and tears dripping down my cheeks my whole body aching. He reached a hand up his fingers barely touching my face.
 "I'm sorry," he chocked out. I shook my head trying to tell him it wasn't his fault but my throat was raw, and the words wouldn't come out. 
"I love you, Alice Black," he smiled and closed his eyes. My body shook as I watched his hand fall limply from my face. I let out a choked sob. 
 "I love you, my star."  
   I looked up at Gina her eyes still filled with tears. I squeezed her hand.
 "I remembered," I said. She looked at me shocked for a moment.
  "I'm so sorry Alice," she said. 
 "Thank you" I replied. The sun had started to go down setting the sky ablaze with fire. 
 "Gina, could I get a pencil and some paper?" Gina hesitated at my odd request but then nodded. She looped her arm through mine and guided me back to the hospital. Right before we got to the door though I stopped, and turned around. In the fading light, I could just barely make him out. A boy with soft blue eyes and wavy blonde hair, his mischievous grin lighting up his face. Jason. I smiled back then turned around heading back inside.
Good-bye doll 
Good-bye my star

• Riley Noel

Wow, thank you so much! I usually have a story then put in characters. This time through this girl marched into my mind and demanded I write her story!

• Puppet_Master

Oh damn, this was great. Hard to believe that it just came to you. I'm impressed. It was emotional and raw in some places. It definitely was one of the best stories I've read.