Jae

thirteen. (oh, boy teenage years)
writer. (duh!)
funny. (at least i think so)
mrs. shawn mendes. (the wedding was a while ago)
all i need is coffee, and another nap. (actually, more like six)
talk like i text. (don't judge)
:D

if there is one way to brighten one person's day: do it. you know it will affect your as well

not just the cheesy motivational quotes, so what the heck.

coffee helps me maintain my "never killed anyone" streak

money can't buy happiness: but it can buy coffee, and that's pretty much the same thing

you know what? i don't know, i don't want to know, and i don't care. why don't you figure it out?

violence is never needed.
violence is rarely needed.
violence is sometimes needed.
violence is ALWAYS needed, and used. (i like this one the best)

Don't forget you look ah-mazing today!
Luv y'all!
ok, buh-bye!
(don't forget to smile!)
:D

p.s- if you've read this far, then congrats. i'm sorry it was so long

Bold/Hold on/Love????

7
When you have someone special
Don't ever let go
Because they might leave you...
You never know

And if you want someone
You might as well ask
Because who knows??
It's a simple task

That person...
That thing that you claim
May only be a word away
May cost you some pain

But if you are sure
It's what you want
Then go out and say it
Or else it'll haunt

Use your voice
Because you can
People are here to talk
Well, at least I am

I want to say
You should be bold
Today is your day
Before you get old

Your never too young,
Never too old, 
And if you give up now.
Well... that's not too bold

• Jae

Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked this, and are giving me so much hope right now... so thank you so much, I rlly appreciate your support for me!
    :D

Hey, I wanted to remind you that my contest deadline is tomorrow if you were still interested in entering :D
    Also this poem is really, really awesome! :DDDDDD I like the stanza that begins 'use your voice' best :DD

• Made4Love

Always be bold! It takes courage, but it's worth it!
    I'm praying for you!

• Jae

Bubbling Pen, thank you so much! Yes, i am kind of like dr. suess when it comes to poetry! Also, yes thank you on that! My "man" is absent right now, but that doesn't mean he won't come and surprise me when I need it!
    :D

• The Bubbling Pen

Awesome work! This reminded me of Dr. Seuss' rhyming style, so congrats <3 Also, I hope you find your man :)

• Jae

Thanks so much puppet_master... i rlly appreciate that. my mom has this saying that if you see it, you'll believe so it's silly but i put a piece of tape on my ceiling above my bed that says "be bold" so it's the first thing i see every morning when I wake up which is just fun. i'm glad you liked tis, and can't wait to work on a story together!
    wish we lived closer though! it's so fun that i'm working on a story with someone from australia... i mean WHAT EVEN???????
    well, i've read your stuff, and you are so talented, and i rlly appreciate you reaching out to work with me, and i think it will be fun, so yeah.
    thanks!!!!!
    :D

• Puppet_Master

This. Was. Great. I can't write poetry this. It flowed really well and I just overall enjoyed this. And about working on a story together. I'm 100% fine with that and I would really enjoy it! Hope being bold goes well today!

• Jae

i sure hope i'll have more luck... but thanks so much! i love early comments... but late ones are fun cause it's like... oh yeah, remember that? i'm so glad someone felt my pain on that!- and i just love doing that, so yup, not a problem. i've decided that part of being bold, is going to be putting all my free hours into publishing a book, so getting my book typed is what i'm working on now, so being bold is going to be a little different for me... but that doesn't mean you shouldn't go out there and make your dreams come true, even if you are rejected. that's just part of the process!
    :D

• .audrey michelle.

this is so late, but poor u!!! that guy is mean!

ull have luck!

• Jae

ok... i was bold at school today, and asked this guy out and he said no, and now i feel just depressed, so not sure if this resolution is working out for me... but y'know.
    right now, i'm watching netflix, eating ice cream, and hyperventiltating cuz i hav to see this guy tonight at show choir, so... look where that resolution got me! :C
    Not saying you guys should give up on your resolutions though! i'm sure you'll have better luck than mine!
    :D

• .audrey michelle.

:D

• Jae

yes, i am so glad you guys like this piece. i feel like lately there are so many things i want, but i don't use my voice, so it's good to speak out :D
    Also, i HAVE to be bold, because part of my new years resolution was to be a lot bolder than i was in 2018, so saying things i wouldn't say before is helping e out of my comfort zone, and helping me become a better person!
    :D
    :S
    Glad you all read my stuff, and like it!
    :D

• Made4Love

I love this so, so much, and I can relate to it right now, too. Thank you for writing!

• .audrey michelle.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

this is beautiful and so true... we all need to use our voices more, especially in that kind of situation! i absolutely love this!

• Jae

Hey Early Pearl,
    I saw that you liked my piece, and I was wondering what you thought was good, or if I should change anything. See, we are having this poetry unit at school and I want to present this, but I didn't know if it were good or bad, so i put it on here for people to judge.
    If you could please tell me what you think... that would be great, thank you so much!
    :D