Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Moment of Truth

3
As the black-clad figure climbed out of the black Ford Fusion, an owl hooted from a nearby tree, hidden from sight. Dark clouds swirled overhead, smearing across the moon, and making it almost impossible to see. Barely closing the door to the car, the figure walked quickly over the damp earth, and met up with another figure who stood waiting beside a dark car parked not far from the silhouetted trees of a forest. The first person held out a small piece of white paper, and the second person took it; squinting at the writing. After reading it through several times, the figure stuck it into a front pocket, and with a slight nod, climbed into his car.
   The other person darted back to the Fusion, and started up the quiet engine. No headlights announced the descending of the car as it drove back down the road it had come from. Several miles later, the driver turned on the headlights, and pulled off his dark mask. Thick brown curls framed a pretty young face set with serious dark eyes. She drove through many graveled, back roads, until she came to a quiet neighborhood with tall houses bordering both sides. Turning off the headlights, she maneuvered up and around the streets, and finally drove up a slanted driveway. She pushed a button on her key-ring, and the garage door opened, making little noise, as it rolled up.
   After driving the Fusion in, and covering it with a black sheet, she walked through a door leading from the garage to the mudroom/laundry room. Pushing open another door, she walked into the kitchen, and stood still for a moment, as though waiting, or watching for something. Then she turned, and walked up a flight of carpeted stairs, to open a third door at the top. Once inside, she again touched no light-switch, but strode over to the walk-in closet near the foot of her made-up bed.
In a few minutes she was ready for sleep, and with another glance out the window at the dark neighborhood outside, she tucked herself under the bedcovers, and watched the patterns that the moon made as it shined through the glass.
Soon she was asleep.
I wrote this a few years ago ... this is a prologue of sorts for a story that I still haven't finished (and am not likely to). ;) 

• January 4, 2019 - 10:02am (Now Viewing)