pencils.and.paper.roses

Director
NERD
Hopeless romantic
Equally hopeless Fangirl™️
16
Early senior
The Lumineers
Kodaline
Bird lover
Fascinated by Great Britain
Love M. Night Shyamalan movies
In love with
James McAvoy
Rami Malek
❤️

Ya know, this was supposed to be a humorous piece. But it clearly didn’t work that way XD! I hope you like it!

Lost To The Dust #myfirstcontest

3
“They’ve taken another one.”

”What?” Raina stood up, nearly knocking her chair over. “Another one?”

Celia nodded gravely. “There’s only a few left. Soon there will be none.” 

Raina glanced over to the corner of the room, where her baby son was sleeping peacefully with a tiny smile on his face. “What are we gonna do?”

”We need to help more children than just  Job,” Celia said. “We need to help them all. All 15 of them.”

Raina sighed. “You’re right.” She looked at her sister helplessly. “But how?”

”We take them, maybe their parents, and we run. We leave here and never look back, start a new life somewhere else.” Celia looked back at Raina. “Or else humanity will be lost to the dust.”

“Okay,” Raina said. “Let’s do it.”
___________________________________
2 hours later, Raina had gathered all the families in their town, the only families left in the world. For the last 10 years, children had slowly, mysteriously been disappearing from the face of the planet, and no one could figure it out. 

Until someone did. 

Celia Relias had discovered the secret of the children’s disappearances. But when she tried to tell the world, she was threatened with death in the worst way possible. 

So she kept it a secret from everyone- everyone except her sister and their tiny town. It was a game changer for them. They were able to keep their children young and old all safe. But even so, there was still the child that went missing almost monthly. 

But now it would be different. 

“Families, we’ve brought you all here today to make an announcement.” Celia looked at every person in the room. “Another child was taken today.”

Everyone gasped except one family, who only nodded sorrowfully with tears on their faces. “So,” Celia continued. “We’ve made the executive decision to leave before any more go missing. We’d be leaving this town forever, never coming back. If you’re in favor of this plan, please put your hand up.”

Every hand in the room went up, even the children who’d lived there all their life. And it was decided. 
___________________________________
They left the next morning, with hastily packed backpacks and bundles of food thrown together on their backs. As they walked away from their town, Raina looked back and saw the place she’d lived in forever, the place she’d never expected to leave.

But that had changed, and if they didn’t leave they would be 
lost
to
the
dust. 

• Dmoral13

I love this! Good luck!