Sad panda

KaylaM78

So I'm nerdy, I like reading, and I like writing (if that wasn't already obvious).

If you find any grammar errors please let me know because I'm sure there are some :)

Waves Through the Glass

Through the thin glass, which was fogged with the moisture from my hot breaths, golden and rose-colored light is cast upon the ocean, ripples and waves reflecting the rays: glimmering, glistening, glittering with each movement; the beauty of the scene before me was unimaginable, the sand littered with only remnants of shells and the clean, blue ocean picturesque. Years pass: the air that hangs above the sea seems grayer, duller, darker- the shine of the sunset now blocked by a thick smog- and the greenish-blue of the sea darkened into a color more similar to that of tar. Even later, the water cannot be seen beneath the crowded carpet of plastics and trash; all color was drained from the beachfront, leaving the scenery limited to a dismal black-and-white; the magic of the sea at sunset was now replaced with the horror of the way we treated our home.

• KaylaM78

Thank you so much!

• Luna Lemon

This was really done and I like the message you explored of the natural beauty of something(the ocean in this case) going to waste by humans. Your descriptions were phenomenal and truly beautiful to read such as: "fogged with the moisture from my hot breaths, golden and rose-colored light is cast upon the ocean". Your beautiful descriptions here made me even more upset towards the end when I read, "crowded carpet of plastics and trash; all color was drained from the beachfront". And I love your use of alliteration with, "glimmering, glistening, glittering". It really helped showcase the true beauty of the ocean.
    This was really well written and I love the message you explored. Great job and keep writing:)