korra4life

I'm no longer on WtW and have withdrew the majority of my pieces. If you want to get in touch, you can message me on Instagram or my email (found in 'Message from Writer').

Thanks for being around, guys! Keep writing and DFTBA.

"Changing directions in life is not tragic. Losing passion in life is" - Max Lucado. Well... that happened, which is why I'm no longer on WtW. I'll be fine.

Check out my IG (if you want): https://goo.gl/CSk1Dz

Email me if you want collaborations, need reviews, or anything else: farrahgenewriting@gmail.com

Alone

7
I'm never 'alone.' 
At least, not really.
I'm never alone in the normal sense.
But, I'm always alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We walk in a large group, everyone laughing at jokes or dancing to the music playing in the loudspeakers throughout the fairgrounds. Others, some I recognize and some I don't, pass us, grinning as they speak animatedly with those they are with. 

Roasting turkey legs and drizzled chocolate on fried funnel cakes fill the air, whistling past us as the wind shoves the aroma around. The scent of rain was also in the air, as it usually is during this time of year.

We stand in line for several rides, laughing with one another. I constantly laugh and contribute the conversation, pretending to care. Pretending that they care about what I have to say. 

Later in the night, when we're all nauseous from the amount of rides we've ridden, we sit at the dirty picnic tables near the dining tents of the fairground. I between my 'best friend' and my 'boyfriend.' 

We share a large bucket of French fries, trying to convince each other to do stupidly childish dares. I eat and laugh and drink along with them. I do the dares that I am told to do and dare others to do equally horrifying acts.

They think I'm happy. They think I'm normal. I'm not. I'm not either.

I'm dropped off in front of my dorm, jingling my keys in my pocket. I step inside the dorm I share with my 'best friend' and shut the door behind me. I head to my bedroom and lie down, staring at the ceiling. I take off my mask and let the tears fall.

What hurts more than being physically alone and is feeling lonely when surrounded by others. 

1

• nevaredhp

Wow!! I can feel the emptiness that your character feels. I also love how you used scents to describe the scene in the beginning. Great job <3

Amazing what good ideas can come from boredom ;DD

• korra4life

Thanks so much! I wrote this when I was bored one day

Yes, that hurts a lot more than being physically alone :( 'I take off my mask and let the tears fall'........... Such a well-phrased line! :D
    Very excellent and relatable piece! It's well written and the descriptions you provided are very image-stimulating :DDDDDD

• Serendipity

oof, much sadness but very well written. such emotion, too. great job!